Saturday 10 November 2018

Dark and Scary

Morning Friends & Crafters. I switched on this morning to find that there was no blog scheduled, I dont know how that slipped through my fingers. So here is a project I have written up today. It's a journal page, a little dark but by altering the colours and the background stamps you choose it could have a totally different feel to it. How about doing a double page with both styles as a real contrast. to show different feelings. This could also make a great card, scaled down and as always a great ATC. I have said before I love to capture cards and projects I do as ATC's to keep, especially when they're for the Design Teams.

You Will Need: 
Craftascope 'Bailey' A5 Media Stencil
Craftascope 'Dolphin' Stamp Set 1
Craftascope 'Profile' Stamp Set 2
Selection of Brusho
HB Pencil
Tim Holtz Distress Crayons
12 x 12 Journal Book (Pink Pig), card or chosen media
White Gel Pen
Pebeo Drawing Gum
Black Card
White Card
3D Glue Gel
Tacky Glue

Step 1: Select the position for your stencil, Use the outside lines to trace through. Mask the face with Pebeo Drawing gum.

Step 2: Spritz your project and sprinkle with your Brusho. When dry, remove the drawing gum.

Step 3: Roughly outline the face using a black Distress Crayon. Start building up you layers of your face with the crayons.

Step 4: Use a very small amount of the black around the face and smudge away with your finger, this will really highlight the face, while giving depth to the finished piece.

Step 5: Stamp your words onto white card, then mount onto black. Next use some lighter Distress Crayons to add colour to these words.

Step 6: Use a selection of your chosen stamps to create the background and the feeling of your project.I have gone quite dark with this on using stamps by AALL&Create. But the stamps you choose to use will totally change the feeling of your project. It could just as easily be bright and cheerful, depending on how you feel on what you want to create.

Before I go there is one more thing, here is a 30% off voucher to use on your FIRST order (anything) from Hochanda, use code FEY5JBP7. 

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/

Thank you for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial along with the finished piece. Please pop by again to see what else I have to share with you.xx

5 comments:

  1. Excellent instructions and I love the piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ever so much Karen, It was another piece that I really enjoyed to make, The distress crayons suited it so well. I am really happy you like this one. Thank you ever so much.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, it has such atmosphere. Great step by step too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I did love using the Distress Crayons for this, Hope all is going well.xx

      Delete
  4. Love the effects you have got using the crayons and brushos.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete