Friday 2 November 2018

Craftascope Another Birthday!!!

Morning Friends and Crafters, Well, I do hope you got to see my show yesterday. What did you think? I would love to know unless it was disastrous of course, then I would rather forget all about it. I am scheduling this post to make sure there is lots of inspiration for you, so for me the show hasn't taken place yet, (Thats funny I feel a bit like Dr Who). I am really looking forward to seeing what you create, so I do hope you will share, it's the most exciting part. This is ever such a simple and fast card to make, great for a blokes card and you can add any joke or sentiment you like in the speech bubble.

You will Need:
Craftascope 'Trent' Media Stencil
Clarity 'Firework' Stencil Club Issue No 42
Basic Tag or Speech Bubble Die
Basic Square Die
Stamping Card
Black Fine Liner 
Black Card
White Card Base 8 x 8''
Selection of Distress Inks
Black Versafine Ink
Copier Paper


Step 1: Cut an aperture in a scrap piece of copier paper, place over your stamping card and ink through. Remove the paper and cut out with a die, about 1/4'' larger to allow for a white border.

Step 2: Use your black fine liner to add a wobbly double line around the card. Use Tacky glue to mount it onto black card.

Step 3: Cut a sheet of stamping card to 7 1/2'' square, and get your stencil ready.

Step 4: Selectively ink through the stencil using a selection of bright distress inks, No need to do the centre as it will be covered. Mount this onto black card. Cut a speech bubble or similar and stamp your chosen sentiment or joke. back with black card and secure to the card with 3D glue gel.

Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/


Until Tomorrow, Take care and Happy Crafting.xx


8 comments:

  1. A lovely bright card for those hard to make for men cards! Although it shouldn't be hard any more when my new goodies arrive! Loved your show Nick,you seemed completely unfazed being in front of the camera. It was great to actually see you after all this time and also to watch you demonstrating with all the tips you have to pass on. Just hope that it went well for you and that we will see you again on Hochanda.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, so sorry for the delay,I have been rushed off my feet, these are great for mens cards but also for other styles and occasions too, I cant wait for you to start playing with them. Very exciting. It went really well and they have asked me back to.xx

      Delete
  2. A lovely bright card and I love the NDC stencil background. Loved the show and you seemed to grow in confidence through the hour, I thought your comment about it being a good job the lines looked better wobbly very funny. All the demos were explained really well and you convinced me, who can't draw for toffee,. to seek out some 4b pencils to have a go at the beautiful graphite face when my goodies arrive. Nice one.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait for you to have a go Karen, I am going to do a video when I get back home, you will find it very easy I promise.xx

      Delete
  3. Love th3 card today Nick and the show yesterday was brilliant. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, love the background - great stencils too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, really enjoyed watching your show whilst I was working lol sssshhh xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nick
    Fabulous show...loved all your cards... you are the new Tim Holtz... you came across so well... really professional... well done...
    thanks for all your inspiration
    Hugs Sylvie x
    Gibraltar

    ReplyDelete