Wednesday 21 November 2018

Song of the Sea

Morning Friends and Crafters, My Dolphins are making another appearance for my project this morning. This time I have used them alongside ;The Funky Tree' from Leonie along with some other stamps to create this double scrapbook or Journal page. The Amsterdam Acrylics, brought to us by Lou are superb for creating the textured background and layers. Like she often says they go such a long way,as soon as you use them the quality is clear.

You will Need:
Funky Tree Stamp By Leonie Pujol
Leonie Pujol Typography Alphabet Dies
Rose Leaf Stamps
PaperArtsy Stencil or your chosen Design
Medium/Large Bubble Wrap
Selection of Gel Pens
Amsterdam Acrylics
Personal Photos
Extra Stamps of your Choice
Versafine Ink Pad Black
Black Fine Liner Pen
Black Card for Mounting your Photos
Yellow and Orange Brusho.
White Stamping card

Step 1: Use a selection of the Amsterdam Acrylics to create a textured background, here i have used a selection of blues and greens. Don't worry they go a long way, so you use very little. Use cross swipes to create as much texture and depth as you can overlaying the colours. Next paint the same colours onto your bubble wrap and stamp with it, either scrunch it up or mount it on a block with Tack n Peel.Stamp the first of the tree bases with Versafine Black ink.

Step 2: Create a mask for the tree base on copier paper. Stamp a couple more tree bases. Next I added a staircase which was printed onto rice paper, this was to coordinate with one of the photos I used. I then added the tops of the trees, these give a lot of texture, depth and dimension, especially hen you colour them with your gel pens. Next stamp a flurry of rose leaves around the top left of the first page, this will keep drawing your eye into the page.

Step 3: Use a block stencil around your page, this will add more depth and interest to your page, I have used a lighter colour here but you can stick to a background colour if preferred. Mount your photos onto black card, before securing them gut the centre with a basic die, the middles can then be used to mount any other photos, it saves an awful lot of card and keeps the bulk down in your journal or scrapbook.

Step 4: Repeat the stenciling on the second page. Cut out the word required with the alphabet and colour with the Brusho. Stamp your Dolphins and chosen words. Use the acrylics again to colour them, Lastly mount and secure your photos. Whatever photos you decide to use, you will create a wonderful page to display your photos and so much nicer than leaving them in a box or on the phone.

Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.


As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 


Thank you ever so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial along with the finished project. Please stop by again to see what else I have to share with you. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx






4 comments:

  1. Great pair of journal pages. Again love all the layers you have created on them,and there is even a place for the photo of you with the dolphins ,perfect!
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to make room for me on this, I normally hate my photo, like a lot of people but this is one of those I dont mind at all. So glad you like this, had great fun with the background and the Amsterdam acrylics go such a long way. I was worried when I saw the size of the tubes but you use hardly any.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fantastic all the layers & colors. Love the tree. Beautiful pictures also. Glad to see that special picture of you & the dolphin. As always beautiful work. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol, It was great doing the layers, I was worried at first as the tubes of paint are fairly small, but they go ever such a long way. I couldn't leave my favourite photo out, Just had to add it in there too.xx

      Delete