Thursday 15 November 2018

Under the Sea

Morning Friends and Crafters, Today I am sharing a stitched project with you, using my Craftascope Dolphins set of stamps, along with the Under the Sea collection from Leonie. These have gone so well together to create a framed wall hanging. It was a really fun project to do, it would be very relaxing and enjoyable for those winter nights that will be upon us soon. It would also make a great gift.

You will Need:
'Under the Sea' Collection by Leonie Pujol.
Fabric Ink Pad or Versafine
Selection of Threads
A Selection of Blue and Green Acrylic paints
Calico
Embroidery Hoop
8 x 8 Greyboard 
8 x 8 Greyboard Frame
Stick N Stay For Fabric

Step 1: Using the acrylic paints, start building up layers of colour on your fabric. I scrunched it up first to get some creases for more texture. Keep adding your paint in a random fashion to give an underwater feel and texture. I used a selection of things from a Brayer, Gelli Plate,sponges and brush.

Step 2: Continue to add colour and depth to your fabric, until you are happy with the result. Before adding to the hoop, iron to smooth the fabric, you ill see you have some lovely patterns where the creases were.

Step 3: Stamp you design, taking into account the size of your greyboard, then add to the hoop.

Step 4: Start to stitch your design, I have used a sort of satin stitch, I am not a regular stitcher so I am sure you will make an even better job than I have, it gives a great result if you overlap the stitches to blend the colours, rather than a definite line. But that is personal choice.

Step 5: When you have finished stitching, remove the work from your hoop. press first then stretch and secure your piece on to the board with Stick n Stay.

Step 6: Use a piece of the excess fabric to stamp the wave from Leonie onto an stitch all around the design. Add some PVA to the back of the embellishment, once dry trim around the edge with scissors.

Step 7: Add your frame using 3D glue gel, then position and secure the waves with the gel for even more depth and dimension. To create the wall hanging, simply attach some ribbon to the back of the frame.

Another thing, here is a 30% off voucher to use on your first order (anything) from Hochanda, use code FEY5JBP7.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 



Thank you ever so much for joining me today, I do hope you have enjoyed the tutorial along with the finished piece. Hope you will pop by again for more inspiration. For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xx



4 comments:

  1. You certainly mix up your crafts, I love this piece. Haven't sewed other than practical pieces for years. Food for thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow will definitely try this, I needed some inspiration to get my sewing machine out , thanks Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this way of using your stamps. Really different,although I know you have done sewing pieces before. You say you are not a stitcher but as always with your work,this looks amazing.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete