Monday 5 November 2018

Invisible to the Eye

Morning Friends and Crafters, Thanks for popping by to see what I have to share with you. Today I have a card I made for the launch of my own collection. I do hope you got to see my first show last Thursday, If you didn't see it, it will be available on rewind via the Hochanda website. I really hope I wasn't too bad and you enjoyed it if you did see it.

You will need:
Profile Stamp Collection 2
Selection of Leaf Stamps (Here I have used my own designs)
Pebeo Drawing Gum
Grey Brusho
Infusions Royal Blood
Watercolour Card
Black Card
White Card Base

Step 1: Take a piece of watercolour card 5 1/2 x 8'' and stamp the profile towards the top right of the card.

Step 2: You will need some masks of the leaves you are using, so stamp them onto copier paper. Start building the leaves up around the face and tumbling down the page.

Step 3: Mask the whole stamped area with Pebeo Drawing Gum and leave to dry.

Step 4: Next splat a small amount of Drawing Gum around the page, not too much.

Step 5: On your glass mat mix some grey Brusho with a small amount of water and wash over the background.

Step 6: Lightly sprinkle the Royal Blood Infusions, here and there over your card, then spritz. You dont need much water as you dont want the colour to spread or break.

Step 7: Next create your layer for the main image, Stamp the leaves around the top right and bottom left corners, mask with Drawing gum and was the card withe the grey Brusho as before.

Step 8: Once dry, remove the Drawing gum and colour using your chosen medium, here I have used alcohol markers, which I wouldn't normally do on watercolour card.

Step 9: Remove the Drawing gum from your main piece and colour in 

Step 10: To finish, layer both pieces onto black card, leaving a very narrow border, Mount onto a white card base.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/


Until Tomorrow, Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and such a different take on the stamp. Are we seeing a peak of what is to come as you say the leaves are your own stamps?
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art Nick, love the leaves cascading down

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this project, it is detailed but so delicate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project Nick. Excellent tutorial again. You explain things so well.

    ReplyDelete