Tuesday 13 November 2018

Let your Spirit Soar

Morning Friends & Crafters, lovely to have your company again. Today I am sharing a card I made with just one set of my stamps along with the Funky Wave stamp from Leonie. As most of you will know my favourite colour, so this was just perfect for me. A wonderful card which could be made to suit anyone and for any occasion.

You Will Need:
Dolphin Stamp Set 1
Funky Wave Stamp from Leonie
Blue Acrylics
White Acrylic or Gesso
Shrink Plastic
Colourblend Pencils
Salty Ocean Distress Oxide
Stayzon Black Ink
Brayer
Black Card
White Card Base
Heat Gun.

Step 1: Start by creating a nice layered background, using a coupe of blue acrylics, Brayer the darkest first and then layer up, adding the white after and build up the layers and texture until you are happy. This gives such a lovely texture for your background.

Step 2: Make copier paper masks for your dolphins and waves. Stamp the waves first, then mask them off. Then arrange your dolphins, remembering to mask off each time, always check the masks as they can slip. Next add your sentiment, when dry use the heat tool to shrink and mount onto black card.

Step 3: From the background piece you have made cut your layers, For the top layer you need a 4'' square, use the 'Love' & 'Compassion' to complete this background. I have used Salty Ocean to stamp the words. Mount this onto black card, leaving a narrow border.

Step 4: Take the next piece of background, this time 5 1/2'' square. Layer this onto a black mat with a narrow border.

Step 5: Layer your project onto a white/silver Centura Pearl base card.

Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/


Until Tomorrow, Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,really do love your dolphins.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I love the dolphins too, they are healing and calming and amazing. You're always more than welcome, it's my pleasure.xx

      Delete