Sunday 11 November 2018

Poppy Reflection and Remembrance

Morning Friends and Crafters, this year marks 100 Years since the guns fell silent in 1918, marking the end the 'The First World War'. Today I am sure we will all take the time to remember and reflect on all those who have fought and fallen in times of conflict. Hear is my card for today, as I also remember past members of the Family who never returned.

You Will Need:
Trent Media Stencil
Dolphin Stamp Set 1
Blazing Poppies fro Indigo Blu
Distress Oxide: Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade
Amsterdam Acrylics Red & Green
Red Watercolours
Black Fine Liner
Ruler
Collall Tacky Glue
Archival Black Ink
Versafine Black Ink
Watercolour Card 6 x 9''

Step 1: Create your background using a large acrylic block or a quilting ruler, (something large). Add the Oxides in a diagonal fashion. Lightly spritz the card and the ink, then stamp and drag the block a little and lift. 

Step 2: Cut a rectangle from copier paper and place over your card. Place the stencil over the top and ink through with Versafine black ink.

Step 3: Draw a line around the face with a ruler and black fine liner.

Step 4: Use the ruler and fine liner again to draw a second frame around and colour in with a black marker.

Step 5:Use the inside of the rectangle you cut fro copier paper to mask off the face. Ink up the poppy stamp with Versafine ink, place and stamp as shown.

Step 6: Repeat below, keeping the diagonal composition as shown.

Step 7: Colour the poppies on the card and stamp using 'Reflection' & Memories' again with Versafine Ink.

Step 8: Stamp the poppies again, this time with Archival black ink, you need enough to decoupage your image. Colour these with the red watercolours.

Step 9: Slightly shape the poppies and use Collall 3D glue gel to secure giving them a little more dimension.

Step 10: Mount a black layer onto your base card.

Step 11: Mount your main piece onto your base to finish your card.

Here is the finished project:

Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/


Until Tomorrow, Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

10 comments:

  1. This is so right for today. It's a super piece xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I thought so too a little contribution from me. So happy you like it too.xx

      Delete
  2. An absolutely gorgeous card to remember this day and all those who did not return.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I thought it would be the only card I could chose for today, I thought it would be the perfect one to share, while we remember. You're more thank welcome and thank you.xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Nick
    This is a stunning card....love those poppies....
    Hugs Sylvie
    Gibraltar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvie, I am so happy you like it. I love poppies too, they are lovely.xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Jane, I am so pleased you like it. I thought it would be nice to share this one today.xx

      Delete
  5. Fabulous card Nick, great tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ever so much Emma, I thought it would be a nice tribute for today. So pleased you like it along with the tutorial.Thanks again.xx

    ReplyDelete