Saturday 13 August 2016

Winter Wishes

Morning, Today I wanted to share a winter card with you, it could be sent as either a Christmas Card or to someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas or even a winter birthday with some additions. The collection that Leonie released on Hochanda has been so versatile. Although I have made Christmas projects, I am going to try to make time to make some very non Christmas items to share.

This card has been made with an 8 x 8'' square. I took my card and covered it with a Wonder Sheet from Be Creative. I had already cut plenty of the Entwined Snowflake base from Blue Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion. I peeled away the backing sheet and arranged my die cuts all over this base, making sure not to overlap.

Next I covered the whole card with extra fine Crystallina Glitter and burnished to remove any loose crystals.

I then cut the 'Winter' die from the same blue card and Wonder Sheet.

I covered this with 'Periwinkle' Diamond Sparkles.

Next I cut the outer part of the 'Grace' Die from Just Rite in the same card. I also cut a square exactly the same size to go behind this in white Super Smooth Card.

Using a selection of snowflakes from the collection, I stamped the square using Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch Distress ink and some with Summer Sky Memento. I lightly blended around the edge and secured it to my die cut using Cosmic Shimmer glue.

Next, I took a sheet of white Super Smooth card measuring 6 x 6'' , I stamped and blended the same as the previous square. I mounted this onto blue Centura Pearl card. I also backed the large background onto the same card.

I secured the 6 x 6'' square to my card using foam tape to raise it from the base, I did the same with the die cut square. I then attached 'Winter' using Collall 3D glue gel to make it look as though it was floating.


To finish the card I added some Mistletoe and berries that I had stamped from the collection and coloured with Mowed Lawn Distress ink. I then added Glossy Accents to add the shine.

I really appreciate your visit today and continued support. I really hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared with you today and the finished card. Take care and Happy Crafting xx


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful winter/Christmas card. Like the colours with just that touch of green and the background.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is super hun what a gorgeous card and design love all the pictures,you have shown,its ace hugs Cherylxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Nick, love the background and beautiful design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Nick. Love the background. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete