Tuesday 16 August 2016

Christmas Baubles

Morning Everyone. Very Exciting, A little bit of a sneak peak today, Bev from Bee Crafty is back on Hochanda on Thursday (18 August) with some really stunning stamps, the marvellous Inkables and some fabulous sentiments. I know everyone loves baubles and I just couldn't resist putting some scenes in to these. For this design, I used the small tree from the Christmas Tree set, along with the circular Inkables.


My finished card was going to be 8 x 8''. I placed the card on to my mat and from copier paper cut a square to leave a 1/2'' border around my design. I taped this down over my card and then placed the circle design in place.

Using another sheet of copier paper, I tore a strip to use to form the landscape, I also used some scrap to cover my work.

For the first bauble I used blues, Shaded Lilac Distress ink for the hills with just a suggestion of Blueprint Sketch. I then added a little Drawing Gum from Pebeo with a brush, this would be the moon. I then blended the sky using Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Ink. I blended the colours together keeping the are where it joined the land lighter, to form a halo effect. Then using the small tree and the ripped copier paper I stamped trees using less and less of it towards the back to give the distance.

Then I took the inner circle from the Inkables to cover my first bauble. I also placed the outer in position to make my next bauble.

For the second bauble, I used the same technique. This time using Scattered Straw and Wild Honey for the land, then Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge and aged Mahogany for the sky.

I then repeated the process using greens, Mowed Lawn for the land and a little Iced Spruce. For the sky I used Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles and a very small amount of Black soot around the edges.

Next I added my sentiment and some additional plaint baubles using the Inkable before removing the outer mask to leave my border.

To finish my card, I used a black fine liner pen to add the strings to the baubles, I also added a scribbled frame around the edge. Lastly I added some Gold Cosmic Shimmer PVA, where the string met the bauble. I then backed my piece onto a black base card.

I loved making this card and think it give a really crisp, clean look. I really hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared today as well as the finished card. Pleased dont forget to tune in on Thursday. The stamps are superb and Bev's shows are not to be missed. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx




14 comments:

  1. Love this card. As you say it is clean and crisp. Great idea making the baubles with scenes inside and as ever am in awe of your blending and mini landscapes.
    Thanknyou for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicola, I had to do this. It was crying out for baubles and landscapes.I am pleased you like itxx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely fantastic Nick I do love your cards where you have created a scene and such a novel idea of using the baubles.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, The baubles had to have their mini scenes.xx

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Nick, very effective.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nick
    Fantastic card... Love your tutorials to... It is nice to see how you make your cards... Love Bev and her stamps etc...
    Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sylvie, I am so pleased you enjoy the step by steps I share. Bevs stamps are excellent to use, Thanks again for your lovely comments.xx

      Delete
  5. This is fabulous Nick, love the tutorial and wonderful baubles.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda, I am glad you enjoy the step by step and the finished piece.xxx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous Nick. Very clever. Not sure if I will attempt this. Thank you for the brilliant tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on give it a try, It's easier than it looks and it's easier in a small area as long as you cover the white areas.Thank you ever so much xx

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful Nick, really effective technique
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne, I am very pleased you like it.xx

      Delete