Monday 15 August 2016

Kriss Cross

Morning, Today I am sharing another card that I made using the dies and stamps that Leonie recently launched on Hochanda. This particular die could suit so many different occasions from Christmas to Christenings, Confirmations and even cards that none of like to make with Sympathy.I decided to use this one as it was designed and intertwine the die cuts.

I started off by making the background for my design. I chose a Sizzix embossing folder, like a sunburst. I embossed my 8 x 5 1/2'' card twice, top and bottom ensuring that the first was over the edge so it wasn't flattened while embossing the second.

I started blending at the centre using Scattered Straw Distress Ink.

The next colour I added was wild Honey then Aged Mahogany, Gathered Twigs and finally Black Soot around the edges.

I continued blending the colours to get rid of any definite lines and then added a very small amount of Empire Gold Gilding Wax from Pebeo.

I cut the 'Swirls' from the Entwined Cross Collection from Burgundy Silk Art card. Then the Entwined Cross Base in gold satin Silk Art card. I interlocked them all together leaving the solid cross until I assembled the card .

For the sentiment I took 'Peace' from the Entwined Christmas Tree 'Frost' set. I cut this in the same gold card, then I cut it a second time in the burgundy. I pieced the gold back in and layered onto the gold.

Finally I assembled my  design to give the finished piece using Cosmic Shimmer. I backed this onto Bronze mirror board.

I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared and the finished card. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will be back soon. Take care and Happy Crafting xx

4 comments:

  1. Amazing card. Love the background,your step by step for it is so detailed which is really useful.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation, loving the background, so spiritual looking, amazing

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    https://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Nick, love the cross and gorgeous background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card Nick. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete