Thursday 18 August 2016

Parchment Mistletoe

Morning, I have really enjoyed crafting with the New Collection from Leonie. I love parchment craft and I just had to use these lovely stamps to make a parchment design, so here it is. If you did miss any of the shows or just want some more inspiration, the shows are still available on Catch Up via Hochanda's website.

The stamps I wanted to use to frame the design, dictated the size of my finished design, I needed a 7 1/2'' square. I cut my parchment to 8'' square , this gave me 1/4 on ll sides to fold around and secure behind my card. I lightly scored the parchment to act as a guide. I used one of the long Holly leaves and one of the short. I stamped them around the edge with Stazon white ink on the back.

Next, I took the mistletoe stamp and using only the leaf part, stamped my pattern within the frame I had created. I used the same white ink and stamped on the reverse of the piece. Then I added some of the berries that are also in the collection.

I embossed my whole design on the reverse using a small ball tool. I then added whitework, taking care not to alter the original stamps. Then I coloured behind with a selection of green and red. The mistletoe berries were left with just white embossing.

I chose my backing card to accentuate the colour and design. For this I used Teal Centura Pearl from the brights selection. It was cut to 7 1/2'' square. 

Then I scored my parchment all around the edges folded over and secured to my backing card using red liner tape. I then layered this onto another piece of teal Centura Pearl.

Using the same teal card, I cut out a pierced frame using one of Sue Wilson's dies and also a small oval. I cut out the same oval without an inner die and the 'Peace' from the Entwined Christmas Tree 'Frost', both of these were coated with a double sided sticky sheet.

I took the large oval die cut, peeled off the backing and coated it with clear Micro Beads from Creative Expressions.

I coated the 'Peace' with extra fine Crystalina  glitter to allow the colour to show through while still adding sparkle. I left the centre oval plain to highlight the 'Peace' I secured the frame using 3D glue gel but kept it flat. The centre oval was raised using 3D glue gel and 'Peace' was secured with Cosmic Shimmer.

I placed this onto my parchment design. I decorated with mistletoe, which I had stamped out and coloured with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink on both sides. After shaping them with a ball tool I stuck these in place using 3D glue gel, added the white berries and coated with Glossy Accents for the shine.
I have now got a copy of the real Facebook live video, that I did before my first Hochanda show on the 1st November 2018. Just a little preview of a small selection of the samples I made for the launch of very my first collection. I wanted to make it easier for people to make mens cards as it is one of the most asked questions for me. Take a look and enjoy.
Hochanda still have some stock of my collection available, and have been good enough to keep their, introductory price with an additional discount for Freedom Members and the Flexi option, so you can get the full collection for just over 20 pounds.There is very low stock of some of the individual items as well, so if you are thinking about it please dont leave it too long. Due to minimum orders, I doubt I will be able to restock these. I do also have a small selection of my collection available on my 'Craftascope' ETSY Store with free postage and Packing to much of the world, the link is at the top of the main blog page.


Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.

Here is another one of my Video tutorials, showing how to easily use one of the stencils in the collection to make a realistic portrait in under 20 minutes.


I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared with you today and the finished piece. I have more to share with you tomorrow and I hope you will join in. Take care and Happy Crafting.




10 comments:

  1. I always love your parchment cards Nick and this one is no exception. Love the way you have used the stamps so cleverly to great a frame. Such a beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola. I do enjoy doing parchment and using stamps does cut out the tracing which I find very difficult now.xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic parchment work Nick I will have to try stamping soon I love the colour of the card.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Janet. Very pleased you like it. You must try stamping next.xx

      Delete
  3. Stunning Nick, love the parchment background and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Linda, I am so happy to hear that from you. Thank you for leaving your comments, they do mean a lot to me.xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Nick. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Nick xx

    ReplyDelete