Tuesday 23 August 2016

Christmas Kaleidoscope

Morning, Today I want to share a card that shows just how useful the square Inkables are, this is just one use for them but there are many, many more. I have also used a selection of the Christmas Stamps that Bev from Bee Crafty launched on Hochanda last Thursday (18 August). I think we all take some tools for granted or look at them and dont realise how else we can use them,Me Included.

This card I completely flat, so brilliant for posting. However id does appear to be be fairly layered. By using the Inkables and overstamping it gives the illusion of dimension. To start with, I took my card base and put the largest Inkable in place using temporary spray adhesive, here I used Stick n Spray from Crafters Companion.

The using Memento Bamboo Leaves, I stamped around the outer edge using the large tree stamp. I then repeated this with the other sized Inkables, rotating them slightly each time ensuring the centre one was square with my card.

In the outermost square I stamped the white space using the Holly Flourish and Memento Bamboo Leaves. In the next space I used the individual Holly Stamp and this time used Pine Needles Distress Ink.

For the next space I used only the swirl part of the Holly swirl and stamped using both the Bamboo Leaves and the Pine Needles. I then overstamped all of the edges with Black Versafine, making sure the green showed from beneath.

In the centre square I stamped my Christmas sentiment and edged using the smaller Holly Flourish with Bamboo Leaves.

I then added the holly berries, using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue in 'Festive Berry'. I then took a Zig glue pen and highlighted all of the edges with gold foiling to add even more dimension.

To compete the card I layered it first on to red Mirror Board and then a black base card.

I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared with you today and the finished card. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and hope you will come back again very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

16 comments:

  1. WOW this is so clever and looks absolutely gorgeous. It does look so dimensional in the pictures despite being flat. Amazing!
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, It's also great for adding impact to cards when you need to post them, Keeps the postage down. I had neglected the inkables, but there is so much more to them.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Nick this is a fabulous Christmas card I do like the traditional greens and a super step by step once again Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Nick this is a fabulous Christmas card I do like the traditional greens and a super step by step once again Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Janet, Thank you, I am pleased you like this card. I love these sets. It's sometimes hard to find ones that can be used for lots of looks.

      Delete
  4. Hi Nick. This is such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nick. This is such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful, Nick! It really does loo like there are lots of layers! I think I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally, You must give it a try. Saves a lot of card and postage costs but still gives that statement to your cards.xx

      Delete
  7. oh this is gorgeous hun fabulous layout,and love all the pictures,you have shown,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, So pleased you like it.xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the design too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I am so pleased you like it.xx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous card. Wasn't able to see the show so am a bit puzzled about these shapes. Perhaps I might see it as Ally Pally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do see it at Ally Pally. That would be good as you missed it on TV. But if you take a look at the show on catch up on the Hochanda web page you will see it.xxx

      Delete