Tuesday 9 August 2016

Watery Feathers

Morning. Well it's been a very busy few day's. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of crafters at the moment getting on with Christmas cards as well as everything else that needs doing. I have had to take a few days out as things around the home have really needed attention. Today I thought I would share something I made with the feathers collection that Bev launched on Hochanda a little while ago. The feathers really are beautifully drawn, and are so versatile, there are a whole range of card styles that you can make. This one is a fairly colourful, clean and simple. 

I started of with a sheet of cream watercolour card. I took the large feather stamp and spritzed with some water. Then I sprinkled on Cobalt Blue and Gamboge Brusho and spritzed again with water.

 Then I stamped this onto the card stock, I took the smaller feather and followed the same process and left to dry.

When the image was dry I overstamped the image with Coffee Archival Ink. I also stamped the sentiment in Coffee Archival.

Finally I layered the project onto a piece of Teal Centura Pearl and then onto Black Centura Pearl both from the dark's collection from Crafters Companion.Here is the finished piece.

Many thanks for joining me today, I have to say it feels like a long while since I shared a post. Just shows you how much has been going on since the last one. Leonie will be Launching her Beautiful New Collection tomorrow night on Hochanda at 8 pm.

I hope you have enjoyed the step by step and the card I have shared with you today and hope that you will join me again. Thank you ever so much for all of your lovely comments both here and on Facebook.




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card today,love the feathers and over stamping them gives them definition.
    Hope you got all your home things sorted,well at least some of them(they always seem to take longer than you think don't they!)
    Thank you for sharing and take care. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Nick, the colours are beautiful. Great idea for using Brushos - I'll have to try it myself, it gives a lovely effect.
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Nick and a wonderful sentiment.
    Lovely to have my early morning read back ( your blog lol) and you of course
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful Nick and a wonderful sentiment.
    Lovely to have my early morning read back ( your blog lol) and you of course
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Nick, I do love feathers and this is gorgeous. Must get mine out :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete