Wednesday 17 August 2016

Snow Is Falling

Hello, I decided to make a fairly simple, but different Christmas Card today using the Entwined Collection that Leonie launched on Hochanda on the 10th August. The shows will still be available on Catch up via the Hochanda website, If you are looking for more inspiration or just fancy watching them again, do take a look.

I started by creating my background paper for the design. I took a sheet of Tissue paper and spritzed it all over until it was thoroughly soaked. Then I sprinkled it with Paperartsy Infusions 'Royal Blood', heavier in some places and lighter in others. I then spritzed more water until it was flooded and the water pooled. I left this in the sun to dry, it gives amazing texture where the colour pools, like broken ice on a pond that has frozen again and again.


Then I cut out the Entwined Snowflake 'Snow' with Silver Mirror Card and the Entwined Snowflake 'Base' from blue Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion. I sprayed it with Stick n Stay and covered with ultra fine crystal glitter, to allow the colour to shine through while adding the sparkle.

I cut my base card to 8 x 5'' from blue Centura Pearl card. I chose this colour as it really enhanced the pattern and colour of my background. I covered this with the tissue I had made using Stick n Spray as I didn't want to use a wet glue which would have caused creases, which I didn't want for this piece.

I sprayed a very light coat of Spray n Sparkle Silver, just a suggestion really. I tried entwining the die and it looked lovely, but I decided it wasn't right for this piece. So I cut another base and created a drop shadow for the word Snow and used glitter in a contrasting colour.

Ii think in this particular design, arranging it differently framed my card. I then layered onto mirror card and then onto a matching card base.

I do hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared today and the finished card. I have more to share so I hope you ill return soon.Take care and Happy Crafting.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nick and again an amazing background.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I love making the backgrounds.xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Nick, love the background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete