Friday 12 August 2016

Sending Love at Christmas

Morning, Today I want to share a Christmas Card with a twist. I have made this using the stamps and dies that Leonie launched on Hochanda. Please try and watch the shows, if you missed them or just want some more inspiration. They will be available on the Hochanda website via the catch up facility.

I took the wordy background stamp, using Black Archival, I stamped all over a piece of tissue paper.

Next I took a selection of Pixie powders and Brusho to create the background. I used Cobalt Blue Brusho with Silver Dream, White Pearl and Purple Violet Pixie Powders from Creative Expressions. I sprinkled more of the Cobalt Blue Brusho and Purple Violet first and then added smaller bursts of the Silver Dream and White Pearl. I then saturated the tissue paper and left to dry. Where the pools had settle it gives a lovely texture while still allowing the stamped images to show through. I actually used this technique last year to decorate my hallway and it's easily transferable to card making.

Next, using white Centura Pearl card I cut a frame, approximately 6 1/2 x 5'' I was using the  plain side but I know that this card embosses exceptionally well and take the ink nicely too.

I cut a rectangle for the cartouche and sentiment and rubbed an anti static pad over this and the frame. I stamped both using Versamark with Ultra fine silver detail powder. For the frame I used one of the swirly stamps from Leonie's collection.

I took my card and covered it with my backing paper, it is best to overlap this to the back rather than trim as you will get a much neater edge. I wrapped a burgundy satin ribbon around this and secured at the back with red liner tape. I then mounted this onto Silver Mirri Card giving a 1/4'' boarder.

I used one of the strip stamps to create my corner sentiment on each corner of the base card. For this I again used Versamark and the silver embossing powder. I prefer making my own corner sentiments as you dont get any upside down elements.

I blended around the edges of my backing card with Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink to coordinate with the main card.

I then cut out the Entwined Snowflake Base twice using Centura Pearl 'Hint of Silver' and attached to the back of my frame. I secured this to the card using foam tape to lift it from the base.

Finally I added the sentiment, which I had also blended with Blueprint Sketch and backed with Silver Mirri Card. To finish the card I added a matching burgundy satin bow.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today. I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared with you and the finished project. Take care and hope to see you tomorrow. Happy Crafting xx

5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card. Love the colours. The background technique gives a beautiful and interesting background. You really took pieces of tissue paper,used this technique on them,then covered your hall walls with them? Must have taken you forever!
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly beautiful Nick A brilliant technique with the tissue paper. Would love to see your hall ....... photos please! Hugs Hanet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Nick I saw Leonie show this, love it.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Nick, love the tissue paper technique. Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete