Wednesday 10 August 2016

Crackled Hearts

Morning, Well it's certainly going to be an exciting day today. It started off really well, when I discovered one of my hens had hatched out some chicks and apart from one they are doing well. Anyway back to crafting, I have made a card using stamps and dies from Leonie's last collection. After watching John Lockwood's show on Hochanda, I was reminded of making stamps using foam. When I first got Leonies Mixed Media Dies, I thought how nice it would be to have them as stamps as well. So here goes but before I start, I would like to remind you that it's the big launch tonight on Hochanda at 8 pm. I will be sharing some of my cards later this evening as always.

For my base card, I used an 8'' square piece of Super Smooth card (300gsm). Using Phat foam I painted it very roughly with Cream Glass paint from Pebeo.

While this was still wet, I sprinkled the surface with Brusho's in Cobalt Blue, Gamboge and Scarlet. I then spritzed with a little water to activate.

While my background was drying I cut out some hearts using Leonie's Mixed Media collection 'Lots of Love', I used foam to cut them out and stamped some on my project using Eco Green Acrylic paint in 'Raspberry' and 'Aged Bronze'.

I cut out a couple of the hearts from thick greyboard to form a stencil. I mixed some of the Raspberry paint with 'Kroma Crackle' from Indigoblu. I applied it through the stencil with a palette knife, as it was thick it took a few hours to crackle.

When it was dry, I took a black fine liner pen to add some extra shabby details and scribbles frame. Using the same acrylic paints I stamped a couple of sentiments from the coordinating stamps collection.

Again using the same acrylic paints, I added some splats using the tip of my paint brush. I stood it upright to allow the paint to run a little. Finally I backed my project onto some black card and dried flat.


Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you have enjoyed my step by step and the card I have shared. I hope you will come back later today to see some of the samples I have made for Leonie's launch show. My post will go live at 8 pm. I will also be sharing more tomorrow. Take care and Happy Crafting. xxx

6 comments:

  1. We have hens and bantams too! Have never tried to hatch any eggs though because we couldn't keep any cockerels. All the bantams go broody each year,so they would be happy to oblige I just need to pluck up the courage!
    Anyway,love your card. Using the dies to make stamps and stencils. Something I forget I can do with all the ones I have. Love the effect of the brushos into the background paint and your doodling around the card really enhances it all.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh forgot to say hope your little chicks do well. Please let me know how they get on!
      Nicola x

      Delete
  2. Fabulous project and for the first time I have done something you have mentioned making stamps out of my dies I used funky foam lol. Your finished project is wonderful and so colourful. Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic piece, love the colours and textures! The raspberry paint looks good enough to eat! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Nick! Congratulations on your chicks, I hope they all do well, Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous and love the background. How exciting baby chicks. Enjoy.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete