Monday 22 August 2016

Christmas Countdown Plaque

Morning, Today I am sharing a fun project which I hope you will enjoy. It's a Christmas Countdown wall hanging. I made it using the stamp and die collection that Leonie Launched on Hochanda recently.


I firstly prepared all of the elements I was planning to use with white gesso, I mixed a little plaster into it as I was thinking of using Distress Ink and this gives a better surface to adhere.

I tore a strip of scrap card to form a mountain range shape. I put this in place and added texture paste (coloured so you can see). I spread it on using a palette knife to add as much texture as possible and left to dry.


Next I painted the tree using Daler Rowney System 3 in Sap Green. I stippled this on to give more texture, System 3 is extremely thick so ideal for adding texture and effects.


From the Entwined Christmas Tree collection I cut 'Baubles' twice from white cardstock, then stuck them together with Cosmic Shimmer. I then coated the tree with Silver Gilding wax from Pebeo to colour it.

Then I secured it to the MDF tree using Collall 3D glue gel.

Next I stippled white gesso over the texture paste, I also decided to use acrylics rather than distress inks. I used some torn copier paper to add hills using Grandma's Teacup Acrylic paint from Indigoblu, again I stippled this.

Next I used a cloud mask from Clarity, I created the sky using the same paint, stippled on to create texture in the clouds.

I used a selection of snowflakes for Leonie's collection to stamp on to the snowflake using Memento Summer Sky and  Cloudy Blue Adirondack ink.

I sprayed the snowflake with Spray n Sparkle from Crafters Companion to give a frosty sheen.


I added some snowflakes to the sky using Shaded Lilac Distress Ink and Cloudy Sky Memento ink.

I created a tag pocket, using Centura Pearl 'Hint of Silver' which would be used to store ll of the numbers. I stamped this using a sentiment and a couple of the lovely strip stamps from the collection.

I masked all of the elements with Pebeo Drawing Gum, including the holly. When this was dry I blended the colour using Shaded Lilac and a very small amount of Faded Jeans Distress Ink.

I removed the drawing gum and coloured using Spectrum Aqua Markers from Crafters Companion.

I added burgundy organza ribbon as a hanger and also to attach the numbers pocket. I added the mini pegs to hold the numbers. Before assembling I added Cosmic Shimmer 'Berry Red' to the 'Baubles' on the tree and secured everything with Collall 3D glue gel.

I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared today and the finished project. I hope you will join me again very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.

8 comments:

  1. Love this countdown plaque,it is beautiful. The step by step is amazing,with you colouring the texture paste so that we can see it and telling what you have used where to mask. All so useful for people like me who don't have a clue.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicola, Its one of those projects I just loved to make. I really got into it and started to feel very festive. The whole set made me feel like that really. I am so pleased you liked the step by step for this one. Take care and thank you so much for leaving your comments.xx

      Delete
  2. Great idea Nick, love the textures/colours and the pegs are a fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katrina, I am really pleased you like the pegs, I toyed with a few ideas for the numbers but the pegs worked so well. Take care and thank you again.xx

      Delete
  3. A brilliant idea Nick. Love the background and gorgeous embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, The baubles have been sized perfectly to fit the MDF trees I had. I think that was a bit lucky for me. So glad you like it. Thank you so much for leaving your comments, it does mean a lot to me even though I dont always reply I do always read them.xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Nick. My two Granddaughters would love one of these each. Thank you for the excellent tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I am always pleased to share, especially when you enjoy it and leave such lovely messages. I really appreciate you taking the time, it means a lot to me.xx

      Delete