Wednesday 24 August 2016

O Christmas Tree

Morning, Thank you so much for stopping by today. The collection that Leonie Launched on Hochanda on August 10th has been a pleasure to work with as always. I have so enjoyed the entwined concept that I decided to use it again with this card. The tree is so elegant and stately that it deserves to take centre stage.

To start with I cut out the Entwined Christmas Tree base from Holly Green Silk Art card. Before I entwined these later, I added some Empire Gold Gilding wax from Pebeo to the green base.


Next I took so red Silk Art card, secured a piece of Stick it adhesive sheet to it and cut it using the Entwined Christmas Tree 'Frost'. When it was cut I removed the backing and covered with 'Festive Red' Diamond Sparkles from Hunkydory. I did the same with the 'Happy' & 'Christmas' from the Entwined Cross Base.

I entwined the tree and set aside. Ten I took a 6'' square piece of Navy Silk Art card and covered it with snow, using a white Sharpie fine liner pen. Then I secured the words and the tree to the base using Cosmic Shimmer. I then backed this onto white gloss card, leaving a 1 1/4'' boarder on all sides.

Then I cut a frame from the same Navy card and placed over my design, This was cut to leave a 1/4'' border of white all around the inner card to frame the design.

Thank you so much for joining me again. I hope that you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared with you and the finished piece. I hope you will pop by again very soon, for now Take care and Happy Crafting.xx


8 comments:

  1. Love this card which is simple in comparison to so many of yours but still so beautiful and stylish.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I am happy you like this.xx

      Delete
  2. A very beautiful card Nick the Entwined Christmas tree is wonderful. And super colour combo.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Nick. Love this tree.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I love this tree as well, It had to be the main image on this one.xx

      Delete
  4. Striking but simple great colours.Dee.XXX

    ReplyDelete