Saturday 20 August 2016

Christmas Crackers

Morning, The project I am sharing today was made using Leonie's new collection of dies and stamps that she launched on Hochanda. This is actually a set but I though it was best to divide the project into two posts as it would be easier to follow.

To begin with I used a Christmas Cracker Die, this one is by Tonic Studios, I cut four. This size makes great decorations for the tree also. I took the stocking strip stamp and using Versamark in and silver detail embossing powder I embossed the end on my first cracker (dont forget the anti static bag). I then stamped each of the other crackers using a different strip for each one.

Taking a sentiment stamp I added this to the centre of each cracker using Versamark and Silver detail embossing powder. I took each cracker in turn and randomly stamped the snowflakes all over the crackers, making sure some were over the edge. I used Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink and Summer Sky Memento ink. 

Using Shaded Lilac distress ink I blended around all of the edges, I then blended a little Blueprint Sketch to darken slightly.

I then assembled the crackers using Cosmic Shimmer, I then ties them with burgundy satin ribbon.

I stamped some of the mini holly leaves from the coordinating stamps, coloured them with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and cut them out. I shaped them with a small ball tool and arranged them on to the crackers using 3D glue gel. Ii then dded the berries, using Berry Red Cosmic Shimmer PVA, then put them in the box.

Thank you for taking the time to visit today, I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared. I will be making the box tomorrow that these go into, I hope you will join me. Take care and Happy Crafting.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful crackers,they look so much nicer than the ones that you can buy.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, The nice thing is you can also pop your own gifts inside to suit whoever they are for. xx

      Delete
  2. oh these are super crackers,hun just love it,so gorgeous hun hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, I am so pleased you like them.xx

      Delete
  3. These are gorgeous crackers Nick, love the background!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, The background stamps are perfect and go so well, I love the little strip stamps as they can be used for so much xx

      Delete
  4. thanks for that Nick they are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pat. I am over the moon that you like them. I really enjoyed making them.xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Nick. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, You are more than welcome, it's always a pleasure to share with you.xx

      Delete