Wednesday 3 August 2016

Birthday Triangles

Morning and welcome to another step by step using the wonderful dies that Leonie launched on Hochanda. Don't forget, if you missed any of the shows or want some more inspiration the shows are available on the Hochanda website via the Television Schedule. Today's card is fairly simple but also quite different, here i have made it as a birthday card but it could be made for any occasion, it would be a great card for a man as well.

I started by taking an A4 sheet of black pearlescent double sided card. I marked where my score line was going to be to enable me to position and cut the dies. Here I used the 'Mosaic' Die in full but without the outside cutting edge to leave it in the card.

I then took a sheet of white glossy cardstock and created a marbled background. The colours I used were: Midnight Blue, Purple Violet Cosmic Shimmer Mists along with Cherry and Midnight inks.

I then took the outer die from the 'Mosaic' set and cut the background where it would be best for this project.

Next I used a Gold Krylon pen to edge the die cuts and make them more pronounced.

I chose the words I wanted to use and stamped them in black onto the remainder of my marbled background, choosing lighter areas to allow the words to be seen clearly. I cut them out using the dies and layered them onto black card using Cosmic Shimmer glue. I went around the edges with the gold Krylon pen to make them stand out from the background card.

I secured the words shapes to the card using 3D glue gel and secured the backing paper behind the apertures.

Thank you so much for your visit today, I hope you have enjoyed this step by step and the card I have shared. I am so pleased to have your comments and really enjoy reading them.Thank you and take care xxx

5 comments:

  1. This card really stands out. Love the marbled background and using the dies in this different way.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning Nick!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sfabulous card Nick... Perfect mans card...
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Nick. Like the colours. Great make card. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete