Sunday 28 August 2016

Snow Deer

Morning, The day as arrived when Leonie will be launching something very special on Hochanda. Please don't miss the One Day Special, starting tonight at 8 pm. I will be posting my sample previews as normal from launch. For today I am sharing a card I made using the 'Nature Trail' Stamp Set from Hobby Art, brought to Hochanda by Jenny recently.

When the card was finished I wanted a white border around my design. So to start with I cut a rectangle frame from copier paper and secured it to mt card with Stick n Spray, a repositionable adhesive by Crafters Companion.

Next using the set of stamps I planned and stamped my design with Versamark Ink. I used the smaller stamps towards the back to give a feeling of distance. I stamped the largest Deer in front and masked it using Pebeo Drawing gum, when this was dry I added a smaller deer behind. Each time I stamped an image I masked it with the gum.


I coloured the landscape using shaded Lilac and Faded Jeans Distress Ink, using ripped copier paper for the land making sure these matched any lines that where on the stamps. For the sky I used Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black soot, I wanted the sky very dark to make the foreground seem lighter. I then removed all of the Drawing Gum.

To add the watercolour to the images, I used a selection of Spectrum Aqua Markers and applied them with a brush and water.

I removed the copier paper and removed any excess marks from underneath.

Lastly I trimmed down the border slightly and backed the piece onto a black background.


Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed the step by step and the finished card. I will be posting some of my launch samples later, so I hope you will visit. Thanks again and Happy Crafting.xx

5 comments:

  1. A stunning card Nick love the scene I could just imagine trudging through the snow it looks so realistic. Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janet, I do love Jenny's stamps from Hobbyart.xxx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous scene you have created. A fabulous card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lind, I am so pleased you like this card. I do enjoy making the scenes.xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card,lovely landscape you have created.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete