Sunday 21 August 2016

Cracker Box

Morning, Here is the Cracker Box for the cracker I made yesterday. Leonie's stamp and die collection made it so easy to create little extra's for Christmas, that all coordinated. If you missed any shows, they are still available on Catch Up via Hochanda's website.

Laid side by side the crackers I made measured approximately 6 x 7'', so the box needed to be this size when finished, I also wanted it to be 2'' deep. Therefore I took two identical pieces of white Centura Pearl card measuring 10 x 11''. Using my Big Score, I scored at 2'' on all sides, one box lid and one box base. On the base piece, I  cut the corners to form tabs, I did not score and fold at this point. I was also going to use the pearlescent side for the inside of my box.

Taking the box lid, I cut 1 1/4'' from all sides to make the lip shorter, I then cut a square aperture in the centre using a basic square die. I also cut a square of acetate that would form the window.

I calculated where the lid would sit and just below this mark I stamped one of the line sentiments on each of the four sides. I used an anti static bag, versamark and fine detailed embossing powder in silver.

I decorated the box lid and base using a selection of the snowflakes, The inks I used were the same as the other coordinating items: Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch Distress inks and Summer Sky Memento.

From white Centura Pearl, I cut the Entwined Snowflake Base, twice.

I assembled the box base and lid using Cosmic Shimmer glue. I secured the acetate inside the box lid using red liner tape and then arranged the snowflakes inside using 3D glue gel.

Thank you so much for your visit today, I hope you have enjoyed this project and the step by step I have shared. Hope to see you again tomorrow. Take care and Happy Crafting xx


10 comments:

  1. A beautiful box for your lovely crackers to go in. Love the idea of shortening the lid sides and then stamping below this on the base. Just gives the box something a little different.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicola, I thought it was best to split them over the 2 days as there was a lot to say. I am so pleased you like the box and the step by step. I do love making boxes. Take care and Happy Crafting xx

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful Nick I love the snowflakes on the Acetate and great shaped box with the stamping on the Base Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janet. The collection really does work well to make all the matching items, it's really comprehensive and has all you need.xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Nick
    Stunning crackers and box....thanks for the Tutorial
    Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Sylvie, I am so glad you like the step by step and the finished project. Thank you so much for leaving your comments I am so happy to receive them, it means a lot to me.xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous box and loving the crackers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. So pleased to hear that from you.xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous box Nick and love the crackers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am really pleased to hear you like them both.xx

      Delete