Sunday 24 April 2016

Rose in the Moonlight

Hello again.

For this card I used a selection of Stamps from Leonie Pujols' new launch. I also used a sentiment stamp by Sheena Douglas. Blueprint Sketch,Weathered Wood and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. A selection of blue alcohol markers as well as a couple of greens and a Sharpie white fine liner pen. To cut the design I used a Tonic Circular Die.

I really loved making this card and I love the colours in the moonlight. I won't go into great detail with regard to the masking as I detailed it in the Parchment card earlier in the week and I don't want to bore you. Below is a photo of the mask I made of the image I wanted to use. You could use Drawing Gum, but if you do make sure your are careful with the ink residue from stamping when rubbing off the gum. I decided to use the paper as it's faster for this size and type of design.



When choosing the stamps to use, I tried to bear in mind the petals that would be darker or lighter and used stamps to reflect that. When the stamping was complete, I used my alcohol markers to add colour and depth to the flower and stem.

For cutting out I used the out of the box technique with a Tonic die. Then using my selection of distress inks I blended around the moon shape and using a mask blended away from the flower.

Finally I used foam tape to attach it to black card. I used an inverted corner punch around the edge of the black card. The I layered it onto blue card, I used a different corner punch on the blue card. Lastly I added some stars in the sky using the white fine liner.


Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog & I hope you will come back again.Nick xx


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so pleased you like it, Thank you for stopping by and hope you visit again.Take care xx

      Delete
  2. Simply Stunning Nick it's a works of art that should have been framed.
    Hugs Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Stunning Nick it's a works of art that should have been framed.
    Hugs Janet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janet, Very nice of you to say, I might have to make another for myself and have it in a frame.Take care xx

      Delete
  4. Agree with Janet it is a work of art and does deserve to be framed! This one is so eye catching and atmospheric. You have a real skill in portraying atmosphere. Is this one of your own drawings or a stamp? The sentiment is one that means a lot to me as I am often awake in the night and waiting for the dawn to come. Oh and at this time of year waiting to listen to the dawn chorus as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fantastic, very atmospheric, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I am so pleased to hear your comments, So glad you like it. I do like my Blues.Take care xx

      Delete
  6. It's really beautiful, you have really captured the light! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, I'm over the moon that you like what I have done here.Thanks for leaving your comments, I love reading them.Take care xx

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, I love sharing what I have made and it's lovely that you have come by to look and leave a comment. I am really pleased that you like this piece.Take care xx

      Delete
  8. How very lovely Nick. You're work is just exquisite. I hope you have chances to exhibit in Bulgaria - you really should! If card crafting is not popular there yet, it soon will be!!! Take care. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's incredibly nice of you to sat that Christine, I am really touched by your comments and very happy that you like my work. I live in a very very small village here and therefore I can only really share on my blog. I am sure it will take off here sometime soon. Thank you again for visiting and for leaving your comments,Hope to see you again soon.Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly amazing. Such attention to detail makes an incredible piece of art. Hugs, Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ever so much Shaz, This was a really exciting project. I love all of Leonie's goodies and this idea just popped into my head. I really am so pleased you like it.xx

    ReplyDelete