Friday 22 April 2016

Misty Morning Scarecrow

It was very misty this morning, the sky was the most beautiful shades of blue and the mist was sitting in the pockets of the land. I have tried to show that in this card I made for the Monthly Clarity Challenge blog.

I used the Scarecrow as my main image and wanted it to appear that he was coming out of the card. I started by stamping him onto my base card and onto a piece of copier paper to act as a mask. Then layered masks over him to create the frame, sunrise, and hills. Using a Clarity Countryside Stencil, a clarity moon mask, a clarity landscape mask and so torn copier paper.

For the landscape I used, Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. For the Sky I used Adirondack Cloudy Blue and Stonewashed. For the sun I used Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks.

I then removed the Stencil and replaced it with the Countryside mask (inner) and masked my frame with washi tape. I offset the mask slightly to achieve a slightly 3D look and continue the misty feel. I blended away from my mask first and then blended off from the frame using Blueprint Sketch distress ink,

The frame was deckled using a black fine line marker and the space between coloured with my alcohol markers. I then removed the mask and coloured the scarecrow using my Alcohol markers. I cut out the frame using a craft knife and ruler, and finished by cutting around the parts of the scarecrow that extended past the frame.

Finally I layered this onto white cardstock then onto a black pearl card.

I am entering this card into the Clarity Blog Challenge Number 38 

23 comments:

  1. Very nice scene love use of stencil and stamps good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you every so much for leaving your lovely comments.xx

      Delete
  2. Love your scene and background and the way you have made the scarecrow stand out. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for wishing me luck, Today is the first time I have entered a blog Challenge,Thank you also for your kind comments. Take care xx

      Delete
  3. Like this. Good luck in the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am pleased that you like it and thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and visit my blog.Take care xx

      Delete
  4. This is lovely. Think you achieved the scene you wanted, Good Luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynne, I am so glad you think so. I am so happy to read your comment and thank you for the good luck wishes. Take care xx

      Delete
  5. Love this Nick..i love the scarecrow standing out of the frame and inthink you have captured the misty morning scene...good luck in the claritystamp challenge. And by the way i caught up with Leonie's shows today. Those dt samples were fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Nick..i love the scarecrow standing out of the frame and inthink you have captured the misty morning scene...good luck in the claritystamp challenge. And by the way i caught up with Leonie's shows today. Those dt samples were fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am so glad you saw the shows,Did you enjoy them. I am so glad you liked the samples, I did have great fun making mine, it really is a nice collection to work with. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments. Thank you for the kind words about my scarecrow card,another card I really enjoyed making.Take care and see you again soon I hope.xx

      Delete
  7. Really do think that you have captured the scene that you wanted to in this. Love it all,so realistic. Good luck in the challenge. Nicola x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Thank you Nicola, I hope you're right. I love the Clarity Stamps. Mind you I like a lot of stamps.I must be a complete addict.LOL Thank you ever so much.Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very much like the stamp/stencil combo. The decision to offset the stencil thus lending atmosphere to your scene is very clever. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments Shelagh, I am so glad you like it. I made it without the offset and it really didn't look how I wanted it too. So I have put that aside for a birthday card. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a message.xx

      Delete
  10. This is so lovely - the way you have made the scarecrow stand out is really clever. Good luck, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan for your comments, I am so sorry for the delay in replying to you. Take care xx

      Delete
  11. You have created a lovely scene here. A great use of stamps, stencils and masks. Thanks for joining the challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela, Thank you so much and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Sorry for the late response.Take care xx

      Delete
  12. A wonderful piece of artwork! Love the vibrancy of the blue hues.
    Thank you for joining in with our Challenge this month, and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mrs P for your lovely comments, It's the first time I have entered a challenge.It's all very exciting I have to say.Thanks and Take care xx

      Delete
  13. So effective, a lot of work. Beautifully xone. Good lucj.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naomi, I am so pleased to have your comments. Take care xx

      Delete