Friday 15 April 2016

A frame card made using my Brother Scan N Cut

This is a frame card I made using my brother Scan n Cut. It is my own design and all done by hand, then coloured using copic markers. Firstly, I started by drawing the design I wanted onto vellum so I could see the photo through it,  slightly larger than I wanted the finished design to be so I could get more detail. It also had to be a negative of what I wanted to keep, so after a few mistakes I finally got the design I wanted. 


I then scanned it into my Brother, reduced it to the size I wanted and cut out the base design onto 300GSM Super Smooth Card. Then I drew the first layer of flowers, again on copier paper, scanned these and had the machine cut them out on the same card. Then this was repeated for the third layer, this time slightly smaller then the first layer, cut out on the same card and then I drew in the fine detail with a copic fine liner.


Finally I coloured all of the layers with copic markers so once the card was finished no white card was showing. It wouldn't have been possible with scissors as some of the branches within the frame are less than 3mm think so it's very delicate. At the back of the base card I have attached a layer of mauve card covered in acetate and the design is placed over the top, this added some protection without loosing the delicate effect.

4 comments:

  1. Bless you Jean. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave your lovely message. Take care and Crafty Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and a beautiful photo of your nan too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely to hear Tracy, I am so glad you like the card. She was only 14 in that picture.Thanks for your lovely comment. Happy Crafting xx

    ReplyDelete