Monday 18 April 2016

Welcome Blackwork and Cross Stitch Mix

It's a very exciting day today. Leonie Pujol is launching her brand new range of Stamps and Stencils tonight on Hochanda at 8pm. I hope you will be tuning in, I know I will. I cant wait to see her lovely samples.

This morning I thought I would share a needlework project, that is almost finished. It's going to hang in my hallway near the doors.


It's a mixture of Black work as a frame and plain cross stitch for the welcome in the centre using black and red metallic embroidery thread, It is stitched onto linen. I think it should be completed in the next couple of weeks. Then I can stretch and frame it.

I will be sharing two more posts this evening (Very Excited) at 8pm and again at 8.30pm. I hope you enjoy the extra posts.

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I too love cross stitch and blackwork, I haven't done any for a while but I really should pick up my needle and thread again. I'm really looking forward to Leonie's show and seeing your samples and blog posts. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy, Great to see you again, yes do pick up your thread again. Sorry for the delay.I have been without my laptop all day. Luckily it's fixed now.I was worried about no tv and the posts of course.I really hope you enjoy.Take care xxx

      Delete
  2. This is really beautiful Nick, it will look lovely in your hallway.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments Julie, I cant wait to hang it up. Thanks for stopping by it's really great to see you again.Take care xxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful never done black work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ginny. Thank you ever so much for visiting and for your lovely comment. This is the first time I have done it, It was a bit tricky at first but great once you get going. Thanks again. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete