Tuesday 12 April 2016

My First Ever Embroidery

I Just had to share this project next, I was totally blown away by the results I got. I started Crosstitching years ago, I have always loved it along with the projects that I have completed. I had always admired embroidery but always thought it would be very difficult and take a lot of concentration in order to get a good result. On Hochanda (My Favourite Craft Channel) I saw Katrina from Rowandean demonstrating some of her amazing embroidery. I have to say she made it look incredibly easy, so I watched all of the shows before making the decision to try one of the kits.


Oh my goodness, I am so glad I decided to go for it. It is one of the most relaxing and therapeutic of needlecraft's, that I have tried. The instructions are so easy to follow, a simplified design is also printed on the fabric making it so easy to stitch. Obviously you do have artistic licence and can change or add just what you like to make it your own. I got a little carried away with the French knots so one of the bushes ended up being totally knots rather than straight stitch.


I thoroughly enjoyed stitching the design, the only down side to the kit was coming to the end, although now I can enjoy the framed piece on my wall. I am now keen on trying a larger piece, three I have my eye on are: Bluebell Wood, Seagulls and Blackberries. Watch this space.

10 comments:

  1. Nick that is beautiful well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tank you Christine, I am so glad you like it. I cant wait for another now.

      Delete
  2. Nick that is beautiful well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Nick will look out for her.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, I doubt it will be long before she's on again. If you see one you love get it, I loved this image and I am sure it makes a difference. Let me know.xxx

      Delete
  4. This is superb Nick. Glad you are enjoying it.Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, I really am. It's highly addictive and so relaxing. Very differnt from cross stitch.xx

      Delete
  5. Wow Nick, tis a beauty! I love the dimension and the fact it flows away from the frame x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hels, They have some of the most beautiful embroideries at Rowandean, She really does amazing designs. It was lovely to make and hangs in my hall now.xxx

      Delete
  6. Breathtaking. You are an amazing artist! Love the dimension! This was not the type of design for a beginner!

    ReplyDelete