Wednesday 27 April 2016

Art Deco Inspired Acetate Card

Morning, Thank you so much for your support and for the lovely messages. I really do love getting them and it makes me very happy that you are liking the things I am sharing and enjoy seeing what I have made.


This is actually the very first card I made when the new collection of stamps and stencils arrived from Leonie Pujol. I had the idea of using a stencil surrounded by just one stamp. At the same time I wanted the stencil part of it to be hidden until the card was opened. I played around with various ideas (most of them disastrous) until I came up with the plan that ended up as the finished card. I decided to use an Art Deco type shape at the front, with a representation of a sunset behind. Working out how and which stamps would work for this design was the hardest task.





The base card was 8 1/4 x 8 1/4, I drew my design using a pencil and ruler onto the front of the  card, then using a craft knife removed the excess. To mask of the sections I used washi tape. When the stamping was complete, I darkened  the design lines with a black fine liner pen and coloured using alcohol markers, black and 3 other colours. I wanted the front design to act as a contrast to the bright colours of the backdrop.


For the inside, I worked out the positioning of the stencil so that it would be hidden from view until the  card was opened. The positioned the circle to fit whether the card was open or shut. There were a lot of masks needed for the inside design, to avoid any over-stamping, but I definitely think it was worth it in the end.




The sunset was coloured using a selection of red & red/orange alcohol markers to give depth and dimension. The card was finished using one of Bev's stamps from BeeCrafty. I love her stamps and the sentiments are amazing. I attached acetate to the front of the card, then used a plainer version of the front to hide the tape used in construction.




I hope you like the finished card. Thank you so much for taking the time to view my blog. It does mean a great deal to me. Crafty Hugs Nick xxx

9 comments:

  1. Another WOW card that really catches the eye. A lot of time and masking went into this one.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do a lot of masking here for the inside, but it wasn't as bad as you might imagine, especially as it was only one shape. I wanted to have an impact but wanted to keep it simple at the same time.I am so pleased you like the card.Take care xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic card Nick, it looked just as great on the TV! Lots of hard work and patience in this, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely took the longest of all the projects I made, but once I had the idea in my head there was no going back. I am glad you like it, I think it was worth the work.Take care xx

      Delete
  3. So gorgeous Nick, and the colours are perfect, very dramatic, just right for Art Deco theme
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, Thank you so much, I am happy that you like it. I was so pleased with the finished result,I loved designing the front with all the different stamps and thoroughly enjoyed colouring the inside too. I was very pleased, even if I say so myself.Take care xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card Nick. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving your lovely comments, I am so pleased that you like it. I am very happy to share with you,It's my pleasure. Take care xx

      Delete
  5. Wow this must have taken forever lol ! It's a work of art xx

    ReplyDelete