Monday 11 April 2016

A Catch Up With Knitting

Hello again people.

Well at last I have collected enough of my crafty makes all in one place. So I will be aiming to post every day or at least every other day. In this post I wanted to share my first knitted project as I promised years ago I would. My Nan tried for years to teach me to knit, but I am afraid it was in vain, I just couldn't grasp it at all. It was only years later after watching Hayley West and buying her fabulous DVD's, that it eventually learnt to cast on and knit.I thought I would start with this project after watching Jody Long Knitting on Hochanda at the weekend.



My first project was from the Rowan Colourscape book. The patterns in the book are written very well and are easy to follow. They are fairly basic knit and purl, which is just what I needed so even I could complete the finished article. I was over the moon with the results I got and love the bright colours of the Rowan wool. I have to admit, that normally I would never wear anything that wasn't either black, grey, or blue as I normally have very plain taste, but I thought it was time for a change. 


I would never have managed or learnt to knit without the help of Hayley west or here DVD Collection so I will always be grateful to her. Thank you Hayley for the gift of Knitting.

3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Nick and definitely doesn't look like the first time you have knit. Keep it up
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had done a couple of basic scarves to make sure I could do it. The Rowan pattern was so easy as it was basic knitting. I am so pleased.Thank you so much for your comment, I was really excited to see it.Take care xx

      Delete
  2. Your work looks like you were a seasoned knitter. It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete