Friday 29 April 2016

Home Birds Project

I cant quite believe we are nearly into May, this year seems to be flying by. Today I am sharing another project I have made using Leonie Pujol's Collection. I know I have said this before, but they really have been a pleasure to work with and the ideas do keep coming. I really hope you have enjoyed seeing the projects I have made.


For this project I thought it would be nice to add another stamp to the design and I have chosen a beautiful Clarity Stamp, The House-martin, Although by using different colours I have created a couple of fantasy breeds. I have also used Leonie's home mask and a selection of stamps from her collection.


I started the project by placing the home mask in the area I wanted and stamping the birds. I wanted the birds to be slightly off my main design. Secondly I planned and mask off my design area with washi tape and copier paper.

Next I stamped the large flower stamps and masked them off, I used cut outs first, but just lately I have come to the decision that I prefer Pebeo drawing gum. I wish I had used that in the first place. Especially on this project as I wanted to use blending tools for the Distress inks and the cut out do tend to need repositioning then.


I then stamped all of the fillerinerus (as Leonie calls them). Using Shaded Lilac Distress ink I blended the centre of my design across the Home mask, The from the outside in towards the home I used Adirondack Stonewashed. I repeated this with Blueprint sketch and stopped about halfway and finally repeated just around the edges with Chipped Sapphire, concentrating more around the stamped corners.

After removing all of the masks, I coloured in the elements using a selection of my alcohol markers. Then, I cut around the edge of my design with a craft knife and ruler, avoiding the overhanging wings and layers onto black card and then onto dark blue.


Hopefully, you have enjoyed this post and I really hope you like what I have done here. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Thanks for all of your comments, I am over the moon to get them. 

10 comments:

  1. Love that Nick, the colouring is stunning! Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick this is so fabulous. I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, It's a little bit tropical, don't you think xx

      Delete
  3. Don't remember seeing this one before. Beautiful,bright colours that make it magical and tropical. Again think that it is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a new one, It wasn't on the show. Just fancied doing something a little different. Thank you so much for your comments xx

      Delete
  4. This is lovely Nick. The colours are so vibrant too. I think I will try this one but with the stamps and colours I have! Have a great weekend. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have a go Christine with whatever you have, Hope you had a good weekend too. Take care and thanks for your lovely comments xx

      Delete
  5. Love this Nick. Must give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it out, It's great fun. Thank you so much for your comments Take care xx

      Delete