Saturday 30 April 2016

Art Wall Hanging Brush Holder

Morning, This was a really fun piece to make and it's really useful too. It's great to hang up in your craft room to hold your brushes, pens or pencils. You could even add other pockets, depending on what you want it to hold. 


The paints I used were from Indigo Blu, They are extremely concentrated and give marvellous results on fabric as well as other mediums. I used the 'Art' stencil in various sizes, using a stencil brush, I stencilled onto calico, cut out the words when dry and set aside.


The base of the hanging is made from a large piece of medical gauze, this takes inks and colour extremely well. I folded this into the shape I wanted and sprayed with Orange and Purple ink sprays.

Using a smaller piece of calico, I stamped a selection of stamps from the 'Arrow to the Art' set from Leonie Pujol with a Versafine ink pad. I cut these out when dry and again set them aside.

When the base was dry, I started stitching around the edges using my Toyota Oekaki machine. Then using the free motion, I embroidered around the stamped calico shapes onto the base. Before stitching the words in place, I added some different materials and an old dictionary page to add texture and dimension. Finally I added a plain calico pocket to hold the brushes. The hanging part was made by adding a coloured pencil to the top and gold coloured jewellery wire.


Thank you so much for visiting today and taking the time to look around. I would love to hear your comments. It's great to hear what you think. I have some other thigs to share over the next few days, so the next post using Leonie's collection will be on May 5th. Take care and see you soon. xx

6 comments:

  1. Must say that I was intrigued by this when Leonie showed it on TV. Not like anything that I would have thought of at all. So that pushes my imagination. Love it,as it is crafty and useful. Medical gauze? Where did that idea come from?
    Thank you for sharing Nick. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it made you think outside the box too. I try craft on everything, some things work really well and others are a disaster, but it's all good fun. The gauze takes colour so well and can give some really nice results. So glad you like it. Take care xx

      Delete
  2. Brilliant Nick ! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine, Hope you do as well. Take care xx

      Delete
  3. This is brilliant. Remember seeing it on Leonie's show. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a handy little hanging, so pleased you like it.Take care. xx

      Delete