Tuesday 26 April 2016

Artist Trading Card Selection















Morning, thanks for stopping by again. Yesterday I showed the ATC holder that I made for the launch of the new stamp collection by Leonie Pujol. Today I have a selection of cards I made to go inside. I hope you enjoy.
Mrs Peypes' New Gown:

To create the background I used multiple cut outs from the 1849 Edition of 'The Illustrated London News'. When dry, I coloured the dress using 3 shades of green alcohol markers, I used distress ink around the edges of the card, Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn. On a separate piece of  super smooth card I created the centre of the flower using a stamp from the Branching Out Set and the petals using a stamp from the Arrow to the Art set. I used a mask for both of these so I could cleanly overlap the stamps. I then coloured the flower with a selection of alcohol markers, decided on the area and stuck it to my card.

London Fireworks:

To create the foreground, I fussy cut the scene I wanted and stuck it to my card with Cosmic Shimmer Glue. I used Pebeo Drawing Gum on the areas I wanted to keep untouched, St Pauls, The River, Flags and the people watching. The i took stamps from Inky Notes set,Feathery Flourish set and Arrow to the Art set. I then stamped these in the sky using a selection of bright distress inks, over-stamped them with Versamark, covered with clear embossing powder and used a heat tool to set.

Using Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch and Weathered Wood Distress inks, I blended the night sky fading to my focal point. I also used the same to add colour around the edge of my card. inally I removed the gum and added a few highlights using Squeezed Lemonade and a watercolour brush (Hardly and Water).

Old World Map ATC:

I used the old world map decoupage papers from Craft Consortium to create the background for this piece. I tore the areas I wanted and glued them using Creative Expressions Matt Glue Seal & Glaze. To age the rest of the background I used Weathered Wood,Tattered Rose,Old Paper and a smidge of Squeezed Lemonade so it blended with the old map. An Indigo Blu stamp (from Ink Splats collection) was stamped with Archival coffee Ink.

I created the compass using a stamp from Leonie's Arrow to the Art set. The arrows I added also came from the same set. From the Feathery Flourish set I added the direction lines on the map. Finally I added the compass points using a mapping pen and Gold drawing ink.









5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Love your work. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, it a pleasure to share with you especially if you enjoy what I have done.Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave your comments.Take care xx

      Delete
  3. Three gorgeous little pieces of art.As ever each is so carefully thought out.Where you get all your ideas from goodness knows!
    Thank you for sharing.Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Nicola, I really appreciate your comments and I am so glad you like them. Goodness only knows where the ideas come from but I am so glad they do. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete