This wedding joy hanging is made with a photo from My Nan's wedding. I copied it as I didn't want to spoil the original. The best way for me to explain this project is to break it down into individual elements.
From Leonies' collection I used stamps from the Doodle Drop set, the Joy stencil and the Love stencil. The distress inks I have used for this: Antique Linen, Old Paper, Pumice Stone,Vintage Photo,Victorian Velvet,Tattered Rose & Worn Lipstick. For this project I also needed a piece of mount board,regular tissue paper,Gilding Mega Flake,Fleather,Seam Binding and some Garden String.
Firstly I embossed the Joy stencil 4 times onto scrap card-stock, cut each one out and stuck them together using Stick and Stay and then glued to the mount-board. I then painted the entire surface of the mount-board and joy with lightly watered down gesso. While this was still wet I covered the whole piece with tissue paper and manipulated it to create creases all over.
Using some Faux leather made with kraft card, I cut out the tag along with some various shaped flowers, I used the complete Orange Blossoms from Sue Wilson. The remainder of the faux leather was used for a matt for the photograph. I used the love stencil (second size up) as a mask on the tag, stamped the solid hearts all over the tag in black and then used walnut stain distress ink and threaded with garden string. I stamped the flower die cuts with the flower stamp and stuck together using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.
I tore around the photo, then aged it using a selection of the distress inks & blending tools. Covered in Versamark and Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and heated with a heat tool. I repeated this twice more to give a really think covering before putting it into the freezer for 10 minutes. When it came out I created the crack and rubbed in Walnut stain to enhance the cracks.
On my craft mat, I tapped the distress inks: Antique Linen,Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and a very small amount of Worn Lipstick. Spritzed with water and rubbed my seam binding into it. Then dried with my heat gun, whiles crunching it to make it look really aged.
On the background board, I stamped the hanging heart with flitterglu and covered with Mega Flake from Indigo Blu. Then I took a damp sea sponge and added flitterglu here and there, around the edges as well as over the 'Joy' and covered with the same Mega Flake, then rubbed of the excess with a scootchy.
The final stage was to colour up the white background with a selection of Distress inks. I also highlighted the creases with darker inks and all around the project. Then assembled as shown in the finished photo.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed this post. I really enjoyed making it and sharing it with you. Take care and Bye for now and see you soon. xxx