Saturday 16 April 2016

A Wedding Card Using Sheena Douglas Stamps

Day Six and another update.


Not bad I hear you say. Today, I thought I would share a wedding card I made using stamps from Sheen Douglas and a Die from Sue Wilson. For the outside of the card I used the outside die from Sue Wilson's Australian Collection, the background set. I cut that out to create a frame for the stamped image behind.


I stamped the frame with a selection of swirl stamps and words, also by Sheen Douglas. I used distress ink to stamp the swirls and the colour was Tattered Rose. Then I used the a few distress inks around the frame to blend into the background, The inks were, Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet.


I stamped the main image twice onto Crafters Companion watercolour card using Black archival ink as I wanted to use watercolour, also I wanted to decoupage the car. The blossoms were also stamped in black archival ink and painted using the same distress inks used for the frame. Finally the image was painted using a selection of Tim Holtz Distress inks, used with water from the craft mat. To finish the card, I used foam on a roll to add dimension to the frame and 3d glue gel to decoupage the car. The I tied a bow using double sided satin bow for the top left hand corner and a wrap of the same colour ribbon on the bottom right hand corner. I was going to glaze the car but decided against it on this card.





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nick love the stamped image and the gorgeous flowers embellishments Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Nick love the stamped image and the gorgeous flowers embellishments Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janet for your kind comments. It's great to have your feedback.xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's beautiful. How you have framed it is stunning! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, sorry that I missed your comment. I used the Australian die from Sue Wilson to make the frame. So pleased you like it. Hope that helps.xx

      Delete
  4. Tracy, Great to have your comments. I am so glad you like it. I used Sue Wilson's die to frame the card, It's from her Australian Collection. I can see me using it on a lot of projects another go to. Take care and thanks again.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Nick
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments Julie, I am really pleased you like it. Thank you so much for coming to my blog to take a look. Take care and Happy Crafting xx

      Delete