Saturday 2 July 2016

Fridge Magnet Fun

Morning. A little bit of a fun project to share with you today. I had stamped out the words from Leonie's New Collection, playing around with phrases and the idea came along. It reminds me of the magnetic words you can buy for the freezer, so I thought it might make a fun wall hanging.


Firstly I drew a fridge Freezer. It's actually fairly simple, just straight lines with a ruler and a few rounded corners. I did it on to copier paper first to get it right and then transferred it to my card. I needed to keep the rough copy as it would act as a mask later on.


I backed my project onto greyboard and cut out the rough shape of the freezer, so I could recess the magnetic sheet behind the image. I then added a ribbon hanger to the back before adding some plain cardstock to cover up the back, I secured this with Cosmic Shimmer Glue from Creative Expressions.


I shaded the freezer with a selection of grey alcohol markers. Then covered it up with my copier paper mask, securing it with Stick n Spray from Crafters Companion. To colour the background I used Colour Chemistry Inks from Oak House Studios, French Lavender and French Wine which I had mixed with water and applied through a spritzer bottle.

I stamped the words fairly close together (so not to waste the magnetic sheet) on a piece of card in black ink. I stuck the piece to the magnetic sheet with Cosmic Shimmer Glue, allowed to dry and cut out. Then I arranged them on the freezer some of them in a phrase. They can all be rearranged.


To complete the design, I stamped one of the flowers onto the background to look like wallpaper. Then using a waterbrush I pulled out the colour from the background to colour the flowers.


Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you have enjoyed this fun piece and will visit again very soon. There's more coming up tomorrow. Take care and bye for now xxx

5 comments:

  1. Really clever,fun and looks beautiful at the same time. This certainly seemed to be the sample that impressed Leonie and the presenters in the shows. The fridge may be easy for you to draw but you also have to get the shading right to make it look realistic, as yours does and any attempt by me wouldn't!
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant project Nick and such a fun idea I would have the same problem as Nicola making my drawing look realistic as you have achieved. Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant project Nick and such a fun idea I would have the same problem as Nicola making my drawing look realistic as you have achieved. Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea, loved it on the program and very clever how you have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Nick, such a clever idea xx

    ReplyDelete