Sunday 3 July 2016

Loves Bubbles

Morning, Today's card is made using a selection of Leonie's new stamps and embossing folders. Both were launched on Hochanda. If you missed the shows or would like to watch them for inspiration, They are available on the Hochanda website via the TV Schedule.


I used the 'Bubble Explosion' embossing folder for this card. Embossing folders can be so versatile. especially if you use them in other ways. I embossed this onto white Velvet cardstock and tinted all of the raised areas in Black. I wanted a very sharp line for this project, so I used an alcohol marker rather than the letter press technique.


I then coloured these using a selection of blue alcohol markers to add a different dimension.


Next I took my card, approximately 7 x 6'' and cut an aperture using Leonie's Funky Heart Base Die.


I stamped one of the heart stamps over my card using Memento Black ink. Then took another heart stamp from the collection and overstamped some of the hearts using a mask cut from copier paper. I then took the word 'Sweetheart' and stamp on the front before applying Pebeo Drawing Gum to the hearts.


I used Colour Chemistry inks from Oak House Studios to colour the background, using French Wine and Vintage Blue. I had mixed this with water in a spritzer bottle.

To finish, I coloured the hearts, using a couple of red alcohol markers. I secured the front to my embossed card using Cosmic Shimmer Glue and layered my project onto Blue Centura Pearl from the brights collection. Finally I added a frame to the heart which I had cut from black card using the Funky Heart Base die and secured in place with Cosmic Shimmer Glue.


I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared with you today. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for your continued support. I hope you will stop by again very soon. Take care xx

7 comments:

  1. Bright and cheerful card. Love the bubble background,with its definite lines and shading.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Nick great step by step tutorial again this is one of my favourite embossing folders cannot wait for mine to arrive Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, I am sure you will love them when they arrive.
      Take care xx

      Delete
  3. Wonderful card Nick great step by step tutorial again this is one of my favourite embossing folders cannot wait for mine to arrive Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Nick. Thank you for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, You are more than welcome, Hope you enjoyed the step by step. xx

      Delete