Monday 25 July 2016

Early Christmas Taster

Morning, Today I am sharing another early Christmas Card. I made this with the stamps from Leonie's New Collection that was launched on Hochanda on Friday Evening. If you missed the shows, they are still available on their website via the TV schedule. The shows are well worth watching for more inspiration.

Technically these are not Christmas stamps but as soon as I saw this one stamped, I thought Christmas, so I had to make it then. To start with I cut out a basic square aperture in copier paper to add my scene to my card. Unfortunately the photos I took of these stages seem to have been deleted. I placed the copier paper over my Super Smooth card. I added the landscape using Shaded Lilac Distress ink. I added the whole stamp as my main focal point. Then masked off an area with torn paper so I could stamp part of the tree a little further back. I then used it again right at the back, this time as a path in the mountain. I then added some deer from another stamp collection.

I placed a huge moon mask in the sky because I wanted to build up the blending in the sky giving a darker appearance and wanted the balance. My favourite blend for the sky is Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Dusty Concorde. I blended these from dark to light, leaving a pale halo. Then I added more colour to my landscape. I used foil glue to create baubles and once dry used red foil sheet over this. I also added clear glitter to the trees and hills using a Quickie Glue pen. I then added some snow in the sky using a Sharpie white fine liner pen.

I backed my project onto white Centura Pearl Card (Hint of Silver) and added a frame using Navy Silk Art Card.

I hope you have enjoyed today's step by step and like the card I have shared with you. Have a great day and hope you will pop back to see what I have for tomorrow. Take care xx

8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card,with a really clever use of the wiggly stamp.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have to say I saw a Christmas tree in at as soon as I opened the packet. I had to sneak in a card with it.xx

      Delete
  2. Inspired use of Leonie's stamps Nick. You have created a beautiful scenery. I love it.
    hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janet. I had to make a Christmas card using this one.xxx

      Delete
  3. Inspired use of Leonie's stamps Nick. You have created a beautiful scenery. I love it.
    hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing and the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome, Glad you liked it xx

      Delete
  5. Did you go over the entire scene, snow included to give it that dusk look?

    ReplyDelete