Tuesday 5 July 2016

Dance In The Rain

Morning, I hope you enjoyed my last post. Today I am sharing another post using the beautiful Stamps Drawn by Sam from Bee Crafty that were launched on Hochanda on 24th June. If you missed the shows, you can visit the TV Schedule on Hochanda's website and view the shows, they are available for 2 weeks after the show. For this project, I have used the BEAUtanicals 'Tree and Branch' Set along with the Fables and Fantasy 'Ladies Profile' and the 4'' Inkables template 'Oak'. I chose to use the 'Life and Rain' sentiment.

Firstly I stamped out the ladies profile onto copier paper. I needed both the inside and outside of the profile for later.

I stamped the profile onto a piece of super smooth card measuring 8'' square. Then placed a cloud mask in position. I stamped part of the branch stamp onto her face to make her look like 'Mother Nature'.

Then I added colour using a blending tool and Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. I started on the mask, brushing down towards the face gently building up the colour.

I then built up the clouds using the same and colour technique. I used the inner profile mask to avoid lines on her face. I continued until I was happy.

Next I added the tree and also the branch as a smaller tree, using Black Archival Ink. Taking into account I wanted to add grassland.


Using a torn piece of copier paper or mask I added the hills in the foreground using a blending tool and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, making sure I grounded the trees.

I drew some simple wind blowing from 'Mother Natures' mouth. Stamped my sentiment in place using Archival black ink. Then I used the Oak frame to create 3 trees made with Shaded Lilac Distress ink, each slightly different in depth to add perspective.Place over the sentiment.

Lastly using the outer mask I had made for the ladies profile, I used some distress ink to add colour around the edges of her face to make it look more rounded. To finish the card I layered it onto Navy Cardstock.

Thank you so much for joining me today. I really hope you like the card and the step by step I have shared with you today. I hope you will come back and see my next project. More from Leonie Pujol's new launch tomorrow.Take care xx

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow another amazing piece of art. Very dramatic and atmospheric.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Nicola, I really enjoyed making this design.xx

      Delete
  2. Simply Stunning I loved the Autumnal card you made with this face stamp but this one has nudged it out of first place lol. it is gorgeous and love the colours too. Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Stunning I loved the Autumnal card you made with this face stamp but this one has nudged it out of first place lol. it is gorgeous and love the colours too. Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. I love the colours in this one as blues are a favourite. I cant decide which one I prefer, I think probably the same as you.xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow Nick this is absolutely amazing, you are so talented, I love the design.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. It's really nice of you to say. I am so pleased to have your comments and very happy that you like this one xx

      Delete
  5. Brilliant Nick !! It looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elaine. I really enjoyed making this xx

      Delete
  6. Stunning Nick, simply Stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea, It's nice of you to say. xx

      Delete
  7. Amazing Nick. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am glad you like it and so happy to share with you.xx

      Delete