Wednesday 27 July 2016

Fluttering Hearts

Morning, Today I am sharing another card I made for the launch of Leonie's New Collection, Launched on Hochanda last Friday. It would make a lovely Birthday card for someone, the hearts are really delicate when part cut from the card.

I cut and scored a card measuring 6'' square, using pale pink Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion. I then worked out exactly where the cut was required and taped it in place with low tack tape.

So that the hearts would stay in my card and hang over the edge. I placed the plates only up to where I wanted the cut. the rest of the card hung outside the plates.


I then took my craft knife and ruler to cut away the excess waste card.

I took the 'Love' coordinating stamp and using Plum Archival ink, I stamped it in place on the inside of my card.

I cut out the same heart die 'All the Love' from the same pale pink card. I stuck this onto a sheet of Graphic 45 paper from the 'Gilded Lily' collection and cut around the edge. I secured this with Cosmic Shimmer glue making sure that the hearts lined up with the hearts on the front.


I then stamped the heart from the coordinating stamp sets onto the same G45 paper, some single hearts and some double using a mask. I cut these out and stuck them to the front of my card. I then stamped the 'You are My Favourite' stamp using Plum Archival ink. I cut this strip out and blended around the edges using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I secured this to the front of my card using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today, I hope you have enjoyed the step by step and the card I have shared today. Please pop by again to see what I am sharing. xx

5 comments:

  1. Really do love this card. The free hanging hearts make it very different and delicate. The colours you have chosen are beautiful. One of my favourites!
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Nick duper use of the dies and pretty colours
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Nick duper use of the dies and pretty colours
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought this due and this has given me some great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Nick. This die is on my wish list along with several others of Leonie's new dies and stamps.

    ReplyDelete