Friday 8 July 2016

Shooting Hearts

Morning, I am sharing quite a colourful card this morning. It's made using just a few stamps. These are from the latest launch on Hochanda of stamps and embossing folders from the lovely Leonie Pujol.

Taking a sheet of velvet card measuring 7'' square, I drew a border/frame around the edge of my card. Then I stamped 6 hearts arranged around the top left hand corner. Then I used words from the collection to make up the phrase and stamped within the hearts. Then I took the solid word stamps and arranged them in the bottom right hand corner. Using a ruler and pencil I joined the hearts to the corners to give a shooting illusion.

I then went over all of the lines, using a  Black Fine Liner Pen, which was water and alcohol proof.

I masked off the areas using Pebeo Drawing Gum to allow me to concentrate on the background colours. I applied Mowed Lawn and Broken China Distress Inks with a Smoothie to give a blue/green background. Then I removed the drawing gum.

I coloured my design using red yellow and orange alcohol markers. Before matting this onto my card I coloured the edges with black Nuvo Embellishment Mousse from Tonic Studios. It's a little softer than black and gives a lovely metallic sheen while still giving impact to the card.

Thanks for joining me today. I hope that you have enjoyed the step by step I am sharing today and that you like the finished card. I hope to see you here again soon. Take care xxx

5 comments:

  1. Really like this type of card that you do,they have so much dimension to them. Certainly would not have thought of using the hearts to do one. Gorgeous bright colours.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another amazing creation Nick and great use of the small. Heart stamps.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another amazing creation Nick and great use of the small. Heart stamps.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bright card Nick. Love it. Thanks for the tutorial and showing us this amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous bright card xx

    ReplyDelete