Friday 29 July 2016

A Christmas Wish

Morning, After watching Let Leonie Loose on Wednesday with Matt and Leonie. I thought I would take up Leonie's challenge by putting a Christmas scene inside the Entwining Branches die from Her Big Heart set. If you missed the shows they will still be on the Hochanda website and if you're lucky there might even be a few of the dies left.

To begin with I cut my card to measure 6 3/4'' square. Taking a Sheena Douglas stamp I used black Archival to stamp Santa and his reindeer. The idea was that he was flying out of the heart to make his Christmas Deliveries.

I cut the die into copier paper to act as my mask and secured it in place on my card with Stick n Spray from Crafters Companion. I also placed a moon mask in the sky.


Next, Using Distress inks I built up my landscape,for this I used Shaded Lilac, Faded Jeans, and Blueprint Sketch. I added a little Black Soot to the mountain range to darken it slightly while  still having the blue tone.I stamped a large Fir tree in the foreground, a smaller one further back with Black Archival.I used this same tree to stamp 3 smaller trees in the distance, using a mask so I could use just the top, to make them appear much further away. I used 1st and 2nd generation ink to give a little more depth and dimension. Lastly I stamped a deer in the foreground for a little more interest.

I masked Santa ad the Reindeer with Pebeo Drawing Gum, replaced the mountain mask and blended the sky. For the sky I used Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and at the very edges Black Soot.


I removed the mask and lightly shaded the moon with Shaded Lilac, then removed the drawing gum.

After colouring the image with a selection of  Spectrum Aqua Markers, In black Archival, I stamped an 'I Believe' sentiment and added some snowflakes to the sky with Shaded Lilac. Then distressed around the edges with the same Distress Ink.

I cut a frame to fit using some navy, foiled Silk Art card. The using my Cosmic Shimmer glue, I added some white Flowersoft to the hills and trees.

To finish the card, I matted it onto some silver mirror card, leaving a very fine border and attached to my base card.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today. I really hope you have enjoyed the step by step and the card I have shared. I hope that you will visit again very soon. I have a special project to share tomorrow, using the recent launch from Leonie. It's one that I have only just finished so it wasn't featured on the show or my launch previews. Take care xx

10 comments:

  1. Have no idea what the challenge was but this card is beautiful,and another for your Christmas box! As ever your scene building is just amazing,making the whole card so atmospheric.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and great tutorial. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing , so cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Nick. It is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creation Nick. You have made such a beautiful scene.
    Sorry I am a day late commenting. Don't know we're yesterday went.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning creation Nick. You have made such a beautiful scene.
    Sorry I am a day late commenting. Don't know we're yesterday went.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creation, thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous Nick! You and Leonie have really demonstrated how these dies can be used for any occasion. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete