Sunday 24 July 2016

Etched Upon My Face

Morning. I am so proud of this sample and really couldn't wait to share it with you all today. I have to say, I was a little worried as it is so different. The idea started with the heads from Easter Island and the Oscar award, but I wasn't sure I could pull it off. After a lot of playing around with Leonie's Dies, Stamps, slippers and shoes, I came up with the idea and the tester piece worked out well enough. I have used the 'Looking Good' die that Leonie launched on Hochanda in conjunction with the Wonder Embossing Crystals from Justin and Gordon at Be Creative.

To start with, I cut out the 'Looking Good' die 3 times on backing board and stuck together. I took another sheet of board and this time applied a Wonder Sheet to it before cutting out a fourth time and securing it to the ones I had already stuck together. On a separate  piece of board I applied the Wonder sheet and drew my rough shape, after rubbing out a bit I got the shape I wanted.


I cut out the shape and a middle section for a nose. I placed the eyes where I wanted them to go, in order for me to work out how I could divide the main shape and pencilled this in.

I cut along these lines and using the Wonder Embossing Crystals added the vibrant colours. I used Tigers Eye, Leopard Jasper, Red Adventurine, Verdite Green, Turquenite, Carnelian and Goldstone. These are amazing Crystals and gave me just the effect and colour I wanted for this project. I wanted to use a stamp but needed to add it later so I could work out placing.


I shaped and sanded a piece of wood, rounding it in places to make it look like a piece of cut stone or marble. I drilled a hole in the centre and added a large old nail.


I coated the wooden block with Wonder Sheet and Wonder tape, peeled off the backing and covered with Leopard Jasper, melted with my heat gun and added more until it looked like a wonderful piece of polished stone. I covered the base with green felt to protect any surface it would sit on.

Next I took a sheet of copper and stamped using black Stazon ink. I used the 'Etched Upon My Face' from the coordinating stamps, it suits this project down to the ground. I then added some Versamark ink around the edges using my finger and embossed with the Turquenite Wonder Embossing Crystals to give an aged copper look.


To assemble, I cut another 2 of the main shapes, approximately 5 mm smaller than the original. I stuck green felt onto the back of one and set aside. To the other shame I secured the face pieces using Cosmic Shimmer Glue. I then added the facial features with 3D glue gel. I could now position the stamp I wanted to use  from the coordinating stamps sets, under the eye. Once dry I stuck the front and back pieces together using the nail to secure in place.


I really hope you have liked the project I have shared with you today, I am extremely proud of it. I could never have done it or even thought of it without Leonie's new collection or the amazing Wonder Embossing Crystals from Justin and Gordon from Be Creative.

I hope you will join me again tomorrow. Thank you so much for your comments, I wouldn't continue with this blog if it wasn't for your support. xxx


25 comments:

  1. Not surprised that you are proud of this sample. Definitely very different but amazing too. Get where you are coming from with the Oscar/easter island combo and you have certainly achieved that. Bright and eye catching.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Nicola, I was a little worried that people wouldn't like this sample so I am really chuffed.xx

      Delete
  2. Wow Nick you have surpassed yourself this is absolutely amazing. As soon as I saw this I thought Easter Island.
    The Wonder Crystals from #beCreative worked so well and Leonie's stamps are wonderful.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nick you have surpassed yourself this is absolutely amazing. As soon as I saw this I thought Easter Island.
    The Wonder Crystals from #beCreative worked so well and Leonie's stamps are wonderful.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janet, I am so pleased you like this. It did work out very well in the end with the crystals and wonder sheets. xx

      Delete
  4. You never cease to amaze me with your ideas! Fantastic! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvie, I am so please to read your comment.xx

      Delete
  6. Fab samples Nick! This has to be one of my favourites, love all the embossing, Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I loved coming up with this and am so pleased Leonie liked it too.xx

      Delete
  7. This is fantastic, a stunning piece of art. Love the colour and texture of the crystals.
    Hugs,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic, a stunning piece of art. Love the colour and texture of the crystals.
    Hugs,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katrina, I am very pleased with how it turned out. xx

      Delete
  9. Oh I saw this on tv amazing I love it,absolutely brilliant Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deb, I am over the moon that you like it, I was worried as it was so different and wondered if people would actually like what I had done. Thank you so much for your comments and for visiting xx

      Delete
  10. Amazing, one of the most unusual designs I've ever seen - thanks for the step by step tutorial too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that you like what I have done with Leonies dies here. I am so happy to have your comment. Thank you so much Tracey xx

      Delete
  11. Stunning Nick. Saw this on Leonie's show. It's Brilliant. Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing this with us. You are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that you managed to catch this on the show, It looks better than the photo I have managed to take. I loved it in real life. Thank you for such lovely comments, I really appreciate your support. Take care xx

      Delete
  12. This is great. So creative. I wouldn't even know where to start with something like this. Well done. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I didn't really know how to get this idea into the real thing it was a lot of trial and error, However I am so pleased that you like the finished project. I am over the moon to have your comments.xx

      Delete
  13. This is great. So creative. I wouldn't even know where to start with something like this. Well done. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are no words to describe how good this is Nick !! I'm in awe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elaine, I was really worried and excited about this one as I didn't know how it would go down at all. I am so pleased that people have liked it. Thanks again and take care xx

      Delete