Sunday 31 July 2016

Flower Garden

Morning, Today I am sharing 'The Flower Garden', a mixed media project I have made using the new dies and stamps that Leonie recently launched on Hochanda. For this I used the 'Floral Bursts' and the coordinating stamp set.

To start with I joined two canvas boards together to give the size I wanted. I glued them together onto a piece of greyboard and cut that down when it was dry.

I screwed up some tissue paper and ripped it into pieces. Using Cosmic Shimmer Glue, Seal and Glaze, I stuck this all over the surface for texture.

Next I added some ripped sections of the mini type corrugated cardboard, some honeycomb die cuts and some roses, i secured these with Cosmic Shimmer glue.

To add even more texture to the piece I added some cotton threads across my project.


Next I decided that the rose swag at the top didn't match the look so I removed it. I then added some skeleton leaves where my main design was going to sit.

Next I painted with white gesso to even out all of the colour. When this was dry I built up the colour across the project with Dyna Paints. I kept it greener where the flowers were going. I used a mixture of 359,356 & 357. I also added some Sleeping Beauty acrylic pain from Indigo Blu. I then highlighted areas with Pebeo Silver Gilding wax.


Next I took some lengths of calico that I had previously dyed with blues, greens and teal. I twisted them until they coiled back on themselves and stuck them with Cosmic Shimmer glue, these were to be the stems.

I cut out the blooms I wanted in water colour card and coloured them with Distress Inks mixed with water. I used Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and worn lipstick.

To finish the card, I stuck the flowers in place with 3D glue gel. I made one of the blooms into a bud which I had painted on both sides. I stamped the lovely modern 'ART' stamp on the project from the stamp collection.

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to visit today. I hope you enjoyed the step by step and the finished piece. I look forward to reading your comments so I thank you in advance.xx

4 comments:

  1. A really pretty piece of home decor. The colours are beautiful,I especially like the colour of the flowers they look gorgeous. All those different textures add so much to the piece,even something that seems so small and insignificant like the threads.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty Nick it would look wonderful which room it was hung in.i do like all the different textures makes you want to run your hands over it.a super step by step Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty Nick it would look wonderful which room it was hung in.i do like all the different textures makes you want to run your hands over it.a super step by step Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project. Very pretty. Thank you for the in depth tutorial.

    ReplyDelete