Saturday, 16 July 2016

House Plaque Base

Hello and thanks for popping by today. For a long while now I have been wanting to make a number plaque for the front of the house, but never seen to get the time. Well today I made a start and thought I would share it with you. It's not finished as I cant find a number that suits the look I want. As soon as I find the right number 7 I will  finish and share it with you.

I started with an MDF oval shape (Marine Grade)

Using black gesso, I gave it two coats for a really thick coat as it will be outside even though under cover.

I used the beautiful 'Rose Blush' stamp from Indigo Blu. I stamped with flitter glu and covered with a mix of Gold and Copper Kettle Gilding Flake.

I wanted to add Gilding flake around the edge but at the same time I didn't want to detract from the main image of the roses. To add the flake I dipped a tissue into the flitter glue and dabbed around the design. After adding the flake and burnishing, I painted over it with black gesso. I left this for about 2 minutes and then rubbed it off. This subdued the brightness but left a lovely aged look around the piece.

I would like to add some more texture to this and maybe some crackle as well. As soon as I find the number 7 I will complete it and update you on the progress. It probably wont be for a couple of weeks as there are some new and exciting things coming from Leonie. I really cant wait to share, it's so very exciting. 

Thank you so much for visiting today and hope you will come by again very soon. Take care xxx 

5 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful and caged at the same time. It will be lovely as your house number plaque when you find that right number 7!
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, Once i get the number, crackle it and add some more texture I think it will look good. It's only taken 4 years lol

      Delete
  2. This is looking like its going to be a fabulous project when finished, love the way you have "aged" the mdf, Cannot wait to see the finished project.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, I do hope so. Needs a bit more work but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Adding the crackle and some more texture will make a difference.xx

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous Nick. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete