Wednesday 20 July 2016

Rainbow Swirl

Morning, I am so pleased to be sharing another project as a guest designer for Lynnda at Oak House Studios. I adore Roses, so I just had to use the Dog Rose for me Project today, these were seen on Hochanda during Lynnda's last visit. For this 'Rainbow' project I have used the single rose bloom, a beautiful sentiment along with the 'English Garden' background stamp.


I started by stamping a few of the blooms onto copier paper with black Archival. These were then cut out to use as masks.


Having stamped the sentiment onto a 2 3/4'' die cut, I surrounded it with clusters of dog roses, which I built up using my masks.

I cut my main card to 7 3/4'' square and stamped the rose again, firstly randomly across my card and then in clusters around the edge, again using the masks I made earlier.

I masked off all of the roses both on the card and sentiment using Pebeo Drawing Gum. On the background I stamped the 'English Garden  diagonally across my card using black Archival.

I took my Tornado stencil from Decoart and secured it in place with temporary adhesive. Then  taking a blending sponge I swirled the Pure Colour Chemistry inks through it. I used Bottle Sunshine, Pumpkin and Totally Turquoise.

Using the centre of the same stencil I did the same, this time using only the Bottled Sunshine and Pumpkin.

I cut a mat for both my sentiment and card in 300gsm white card and edged it with Black Nuvo Gilding Mousse, although it's black it does give a much softer look while still accentuating the design. Finally I mounted my design and added the sentiment using 2 layers of foam tape to raise it from the card.


And here is the finished card.


Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my post, I really hope you have enjoyed the step by step and the card I am sharing with you today. Take care and see you soon. xx

3 comments:

  1. Bright,beautiful and very definitely eye catching. That mask definitely makes those colours jump out at you. Love that sentiment.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nick another card that is so different love it. Colours are super and love the writing diagonally across the page.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Nick. Thank you for the tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete