Wednesday 24 October 2018

Winter Baubles With Treescape from Clarity

Morning Friends and Crafters, great to have you joining me again today. I am sharing a card I made using the Clarity Treescape stamp. I hope you like the tutorial along with the finished card.

You will need:
Clarity Treescape Stamp
Clarity Winter Stamp
Clarity Santa & Star Corners Stamp Set
Brayer
Bubble Wrap
Distress Oxides: Blueprint Sketch, Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon
Basic Circle Dies
Stamping Card
Alcohol Markers
Black Card
White Card Base

Step 1: Create  a background with a mix of the Distress Oxides, Use a Brayer to build up thee layers and then add texture with some bubble wrap.

Step 2: Trim the background piece to 9 x 6'', cut out circles from the centre of the background 2 x 3'', 2 x 2'' and 1 1/4'', make sure you leave enough room around the edge so you can use it as a layer.

Step 3: Stamp selectively, within the circles. In one of the medium sized circles add an oval mask before stamping the trees, so you can add the 'Winter'.

Step 4: Cut a 7 x 4 1/2'' white centre panel, stamp the decorative corners, layer onto black then mount onto the background

Step 5: Colour the corners with alcohol markers, add a black mat behind the background and layer onto your base card.

Step 6: Add the circles to your card with tacky glue.

Step 7: Lastly line up your sentiment circle and add to the card with 3D glue gel for added dimension.

Here is the finished card:

Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.

I do hope you have enjoyed the tutorial today along with the finished card. I hope you will join me again very soon to see what else I have to share with you. Tomorrow I have a very exciting post for you and for me, I can't wait and I really hope you will join me. For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

12 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the effect with the different sized circles,makes it that bit different. Of course that is something that you always manage to do. Tutorial so useful as it carefully explains how to do everything.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I wanted to share something different with the stamp so I am pleased you like it and the tutorial.

      Delete
  2. Love these layers and how you have used the circles, so effective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I am so happy you like the way I used the circles and stamp, I like to share something different.xx

      Delete
  3. Wow Nick this is fabulous. I love the background (going to have a go at that) and the layout too. The little pop of different colour on the corner stamp is a brilliant touch. Can I ask, when you take your photo, is the artwork flat or standing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn, I am pleased you like the background and the layout. I like to share something different. The photos are taken flat for the steps and upright for the finished card. I hope that helps.xx

      Delete
  4. I love your creation and the step by step photographic instructions on how you made it.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that you lie this Gwyneth and the tutorial, I hope it was okay to follow. Thanks again.xx

      Delete
  5. Great tutorial, so easy to follow. Brilliant card too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I am so glad you enjoyed the tutorial and like the finished card.xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely card and great tutorial Nick. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete