Tuesday 30 October 2018

Swimming in the Moonlight

Morning Friends and Crafters, I'm so pleased you have stopped by today. I am sharing a page I made today, but it would also make a great Birthday card. I hear so many crafters say how difficult it is to make cards for men, much of my collection can be used to make mens cards for all occasions, that are very different from whats available out there. It would also look smashing mounted, framed and hung.

You will need:
Craftascope Dolphin Stamp Set 1
11 x 11'' Black Card
Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide Ink
Stayzon White Ink Pad
Phat Foam
White Gel Pen
White card for mounting or a 12 x 12 Journal
A Little Bit Magical 'Maid of the Sea' 
Square of Copier paper with a basic circle cut out (for the moon)
Torn Copier Paper for the Hills and Mountains
H2O's or Creative Expressions Mica Watercolours

Step 1: Start by placing your moon in the sky, use the shaded Lilac Distress Oxide to add this. Next add the mountains and hills, again with Shaded Lilac. Place the torn paper, then with a smoothie or Phat Foam, blend gently downwards, build up the colour until you are happy with the depth. Using an old hard brush, swipe back and too across the moon to give the illusion of mist and clouds.

Step 2: Take the edge of a ruler or piece of card, tap Shaded Lila onto it and create the shore line (See Photo), build this up until you are happy. Next stamp the dolphins and the rocks with the Stayzon white ink.

Step 3: Use Shaded Lilac and a hard brush or a stencil brush to add sea spray around the rocks.

Step 4: Colour the dolphins with H2o's, Then add some white Stayzon to lighten the mountains, Imagine where the moonlight would fall.

Step 5: Use your white gel pen to add moonlight to the surface of the sea. *Top Tip* Add a little and dab with your finger tip, it makes it look more natural and less like a line. Slowly and gently build this up, also add a little around the rocks.

Step 6: Add a few more details around the mountains with the gel pen and a few stronger ripples on the water. Stamp your chosen sentiment or words, here' Let Your Spirit Soar' onto black card with White Stayzon, then mount onto white before adding to your project. Mount your project onto white card, add to a journal or add a frame.

Step 7: Finally using a black fine liner and your gel pen add a few birds in the sky and in front of the moon.

All of the stamps in my collection have been carefully sized in a way that they will suit Journals or card making. If used with shrink plastic they also make the most wonderful ATC cards. I have made a lot of ATC's using this collection and I hope I get the time to share them during the show, If not I will be sharing everything I have made here for you.

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial along with the finished project. I would love you to tune in to my first show on Hochanda this Thursday at 4 pm for some more inspiration, demos and as many samples as possible. Another thing, here is a 30% off voucher to use on your first order (anything) from Hochanda, use code FEY5JBP7.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/


Until Tomorrow, Take care and Happy Crafting.xx 






12 comments:

  1. A beautiful and ethereal page.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am so pleased you like this.xx

      Delete
  2. Brilliant piece thank you for all the great tips i am learning a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you are picking up some tips, I am so happy, thank you.xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you very much for that, I am really happy you like it.xx

      Delete
  4. I cannot wait to see your tutorial on this one love your work, it is gorgeous and inspiring I wish you the best.Thank you for coming out with masculine stamp p.s will you also come to hsn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you like this one Earline, I have them all written and will be going up daily for more inspiration. You are more than welcome, for no the collection is only on Hochanda but I know they will ship to the states and the shipping is very reasonable. I would love to come to HSN one day, when I have a few more shows under my belt. Take care xx

      Delete
  5. Please please do a videos showing us how you do everything want to learn for this dolphin stamp set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I get back, I will find time to do some. I hope you got to see the show on Hochanda, I was very nervous, I am sure I will get better over time.x

      Delete
  6. Love this Nick. It’s brilliant. Thanks for the tutorial as well. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, I am so pleased you like this, I thought it looked really dramatic on the black card.xx

      Delete