Saturday 20 October 2018

Spring 'A Little Bird Told Me'

Morning Friends and Crafters, As most of you know, I don't normally post at the weekends. But today I thought I would add a very simple, but effective card that I made for the Clarity One Day Special launch. It's a fairly short post.

You will Need:
Clarity 'A Little Bird' Stencil
Clarity 'Spring' Stamp
Watercolour Card
Indigo Blu Townhouse Teal
Indigo Blu Pantry White
Indigo Blue Banana Custard
Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch
Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers
Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn.
Brayer
Sheena Stamping Card
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Gun
Versamark Black Ink
Yellow Alcohol Marker

Step 1: Start by creating your background using the Indigo Blu Acrylics. Apply layers with your Brayer. It gives a great textured effect. When you come to use this for your layer, it really is a good idea to use a basic die in the centre, so you can use it for another project.

Step 2: On the reverse of your stencil, apply the Distress Oxides. Place this face down on your watercolour card and run through to emboss. Next coat this with clear embossing powder and heat. With Versafine Black ink, stamp the 'Spring'. Add an extra splash of spring colour by colouring the spring with the yellow alcohol marker.

Step 3: To finish your card layer onto your background and then mount on to a black card base.

Thank you for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed this short tutorial along with the finished card. It would be great for you to join me again very soon to see what I am sharing. The next couple of weeks are going to be very exciting. For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love these stencils from Clarity. You have made some great cards with them.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lovely stencils to craft with, Until about 2 years ago I always left stencils well alone, could kick myself now I know how much you can do with them. Thank you ever so much Nicola.xx

      Delete
  2. So pleased to have found your blog Nick. Love your techniques, can't wait to see what you are bringing next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you have found it too Karen. I am ever so pleased you like what I share. Lovely to have your comments.xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely card Nick and I really like the samples for your show. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am so pleased you like them, It was very hard to just pick 4 for the post. I cant wait to share more with you.xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous card Nick love Barbara's paper cut Dies... just ordered another one...
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvie, I must get some, I dont have any yet at all, there are a few I have my eye on though. I am so pleased you like this card, had great fun, with this collection.xx

      Delete