Saturday 17 November 2018

12 x 12 Journal Page

Morning Friends and crafters, Im a little late today.Hope you are all okay and looking forward to a wonderful weekend. I am sharing a 12 x 12 journal page today using the 'Trent' A5 Media Stencil along with a super collection of AALL&CREATE stamps to give a dramatic and colourful background.. I wanted the portrait to really pop out of the page and using the different media to create layers. You could easily use this idea on a smaller card design as the stencils are designed to work for all size projects.

You will need:
Greasproof Paper
HB & 6B Graphite Pencils
Pergamano Blender Pen
Selection of Watercolours
Versafine Black Ink Pad
12 x 12 Pink Pig Journal
Grey Brusho
Infusions Rusty Car and Royal Blood

Step 1: Start by positioning your stencil on the page. Trace through the outside lines for this one. Use the 6B to roughly go over the lines, not too heavy on the lips (I will do a detailed video when I am back home).Make a mask from Greaseproof paper, see photos 2 & 3. Stamp your selected stamps to build up the background.

Step 2: Repeat to make a mask or leave the previous one in place to add colour to the background.

Step 3: Use Pebeo Drawing gum to mask any detail you want to protect. Then once dry, use a wash made with Grey Brusho and water for the entire background.

Step 4: Lightly spritz areas of your background and sprinkle some areas with the Rusty Car and some with the Royal Blood.

Step 5: Remove the masking fluid and the paper ask from you project.

Step 6: Use your selection of watercolours and alcohol markers to add colour and depth to your project, this really adds another layer of interest.

Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial and the finished piece. I hope you will join me again very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

12 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Nick... Keep up a your hard work hugs 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really pleased you like this. It was such a great piece to make, Thank you ever so much for your comment.xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen, It was really fun playing with the colours on this. I am really pleased you like it.xx

      Delete
  3. This has amazing depth and colour to it. The way you have made it Trent stands out so well from the background.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, It was another fun piece to craft. Lover playing with the colour and layers. So happy you like it.xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous project Nick...love all the pops of colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Sally, Great to have your comment. It was another fun piece to make.xx

      Delete
  5. Great work Nick. You have definitely achieved a wonderfully colourful background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jane, I am really happy you like this, It was fun making the background and adding so many colours.xx

      Delete
  6. Brilliant project Nick. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much. I do hope you are well. Once again I have come back to check and see I missed your comment. I am really sorry about that as they do mean a lot to me. Really happy you like this one too. I saw your post about not sure about getting them, I would if you can but know that it's not always possible, especially when you have so much. I know there are not many left now and Hochanda were kind enough to keep the extra discounts on them as well as the flexi. Mostly because of the minimum order I doubt I will be able to bring them back again.xxx

      Delete