Wednesday 14 November 2018

ATC Book Box

Morning Friends and Crafters. It has been amazing for me over the last few days seeing so many wonderful creations made with my collection. It's impossible for me to describe what a wonderful feeling it's given me seeing how many of you are now enjoying crafting with my designs, something I never thought would be possible. Today I have a lovely little project, made using a super MDF ATC book from Louise Withers. These are such a super design and just perfect to store all of your ATC's as well as having fun putting your own mark on them, excellent quality and design.Thank you Lou.xx

You Will Need:
Indigoblu Acrylic Townhouse Teal
Indigoblu Acrylic Pantry White
Eco Paint Acrylic Pumpkin
Black Gesso
Epiphany Tool Round and Oval Including acrylic domes (can use Glossy Accents or similar)
Versafine Black Ink
Brayer
The whole collection is available as a bundle for better value (Available here).

Step 1: Prepare the surface with Black Gesso, Inside & Out. I masked the spine with masking tape or similar to keep it natural but this is optional.

Step 2: Secure a piece of narrow black ribbon to the inside bottom of your box. This will help remove the cards later without causing any damage to your little works of art. Later you can add a little bead or charm to the lose end.

Next using the Acrylics, build up layers of colour and texture until you ate happy with the result.

Step 3: To decorate use the mans profile stamp and Versafine Black ink. I used the stamps from both sets to make a couple of embellishments & added a twine bow for more interest. Before securing them to my book I used another stamp directly onto the surface. This finished the front, but have more fun, decorating the back and inside cover. On the areas that were plain black Gesso I added a little gilding wax to give an aged look to the sides.

All thats left is for you to fill the box with ATC's you have made or swapped, a wonderful little holder for all your treasured cards.
Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.


As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/

I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial today along with the finished project. Please come by again to see what else I have to share with you. Whatever you make and Create Have fun. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx





4 comments:

  1. Love the ATC box. Great way to store them.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, It's such a lovely box and the detail on the spine is beautiful, such a wonderful carved design.You're more than welcome.xx

      Delete
  2. What a great way to keep ATCS looking good. And a beautifully decorated box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Karen, It's a perfect little place for all of the little pieces of art.Adding the ribbon makes a real difference too.xx

      Delete